Kegworth Bank Holiday Special

Chard

:oops:

Me and Timps went to Kegworth today for their Bank Holiday extravaganza <_<

That was a humbling experience :oops:

It made Orston look like a walk in the ******* park, I felt totally outclassed. :blink:

Tried really hard but bumbled along to a shambolic 72 :oops: Timps did slightly worse :rolleyes:

The strange thing was, when we got back and looked at the scores, a lot of people clearly didn't find it too bad,

mine was certainly one of the worst efforts in A Class :blush:

Long queues on ALL 12 stands, which didn't help, but not much of an excuse.

Funny old game, horses for courses and all that **** - back to the drawing board :no:

Edited by Chard

I went but due to the fact I sat on a broken stand for the best part of 45 minutes with nothing being done about it, then the next two stands also being stopped, I went home with 2 stands left as I had a train to catch.

Seemed good enough birds, pretty steady but awful organisation. I'd guess 96-7 would be about there from what I saw.

*Do you mean timps and I.

70 is totally **** not slightly worse, at least no clay beat me :P , no consistency and no excuses, it felt like I was just going through the motions which was odd as I was really looking forward to this shoot. :no:

I put a poxy 69 in (but I am only B class) - waiting times were ludicrous (> 240 shooters too)

Couldn't get into any rhythym and my feet were killing me - I started at 11am and left at 3:15pm - All my fault though as there wasn't anything there that was unhittable :blush:

Edited by Dave T

Did this as well but like Ed left with 2 stands to shoot. We had been on the ground for well over three hours and went to our penultimate stand which had 21 people queuing and was broken down :oops::oops: We made a majority decision to cut and run to try and get back to Catton Hall to shoot their bank holiday re-entry extravaganza. We failed in this mission due to my inability to find the switch that engages warp speed. Catton (quite rightly) wouldn't let us enter the competition but would have let us shoot birds only as long as we finished before 4 o'clock. I decided that steak baguette & chips was a better option :yes::yes::yes:

So I finished Kegworth 20 birds down with 2 stands still to shoot (handed my card in though!) Thought it was a really good, tough shoot but the queuing and standing around got to me and I'm not shooting well at the moment so was a bit deflated.

Not giving up though, I'm back at Keggy next weekend for the Cheshire FITASC championship sound in the knowledge that by being there I'm saving £84 by not going to the Clay Shooting Classic at E J Churchill's.

My trip to Fauxdegla in the wind and rain on Sunday is a tale I'll only recount to my shrink :o :o :o :o

Potter

Gentlemen

Thank you -Thank you - thank you -- I was going to Fauxdegla but it was raining so decided not to - and today SWMBO had the car till 11.30 so decided not to go to Catton - mind you the beef baguette sounded nice - so saved myself quite a few quid on last few days. Might do Kingsley next week if it's fine -- Turning into a fine weather shooter in my old age. I can still remember standing in a depression at one ground trying to see the clay in a blizzard. Oh the good old days :no: :no:

Those sort of shoots really do depress you don't they :yes: :yes:

Dave

I shot Kegworth yesterday (Sunday) which was dismal weather, very few shooters.

Shot a 66 which is my best ever score (C class - been shooting around 8 months). Thought I could have/should have hit 70 tbh but for some concentration mistakes.

Think the Sunday weather put alot of people of who then turned up Monday hence silly queues. Be interested to see the final split of scores based on your comments.

I shot Kegworth yesterday (Sunday) which was dismal weather, very few shooters.

Shot a 66 which is my best ever score (C class - been shooting around 8 months). Thought I could have/should have hit 70 tbh but for some concentration mistakes.

Think the Sunday weather put alot of people of who then turned up Monday hence silly queues. Be interested to see the final split of scores based on your comments.

That's not bad shooting Jon. :good:

When we left today, most of the C Class scores on the board looked in the 40's, 50's and early 60's so you might not have a bad score there. Mind you there were plenty to come in. :hmm:

That's not bad shooting Jon. :good:

When we left today, most of the C Class scores on the board looked in the 40's, 50's and early 60's so you might not have a bad score there. Mind you there were plenty to come in. :hmm:

Thanks Chard, think C class ended with top score on a 77 - I'm happy with the progress I've made over the last couple of months - even feels different now and I walk off stands saying "wrong technique - should have done it like this" or similar so getting closer to where I need to be. :yes:

Thanks Chard, think C class ended with top score on a 77 - I'm happy with the progress I've made over the last couple of months - even feels different now and I walk off stands saying "wrong technique - should have done it like this" or similar so getting closer to where I need to be. :yes:

:good:

C Class was topped by an 83, then 78 and 77. Still a very decent score after 8 months :yes:

Sounds like you're well on the way to the point of no return :P

Edited by Chard

Shoot it yesterday. Didn't think the queue were to long myself the problem was the rain the day before keep everyone in so everyman and his dog came out on the monday. Finished the day with a a nice 74 which i thought was good seening as the winning score in juniors was 80. Nice day with some good company and good weather(for the most part).