bloody cough

the crowman

i had same prob,had it 2 weeks,went to docs,they said all clear,sent me for xray just incase,took another week to go,still coughing 5 weeks on,only first thing in morning nw though,worst part was i suffer with sciatica,and coughing twinged it a bit,in agony with my back and leg now lol. :angry:

that'll be the fine hairs in your respiratory tract growing back and doing the job they're intended, smoking burns these hairs to nowt so mucus and other gunk stays in the lungs until it builds up enough to cause a smokers cough.

saying that a few people i know have had a nasty old chest infection recently that caused a lingering cough.

I sometimes have this problem when I go to bed at night and what seems to work for me is I have a small bottle of Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce on the bed side table and I take a small swig of it and swill it around inside my mouth then swallow it I find that the peppery flavour is so strong that I no longer need to cough has to be worth a try.