Catton

Dougy

You beat me to it Doughy.

As you say the last one for this year but more to follow next year with a few more new ideas. Going to get Sparky working on some spinners etc to put on a .22 / .17 area should keep some of you happy for a few hours.

I have secured the 800 yard area but need to work how to go about using it and it will be a selection of different days. I can see the 17 snipers trigger fingers twitching now............800 ... yards.. should be good for a 2inch group :lol:

Will be still running the ranges at Garlands for you to zero with some animal targets up to 300 yards these days are run on the last sunday of every month and cost £20 for the day. please note we use target boards at Garland at set distances.

So if you fancy it this Sunday £20 gets you a full day of unlimited shooting with a good bunch of lads and a veggie if he comes :) im sure most of you have had a look at the web site but if your new to the site and new to the Catton shoots have a look at www.cattonriflesport.co.uk

keep the lead flying and hope to see some of you on Sunday

Carl

PS are we still on for a weekend next year......... :shoot:

I will be bringing a couple of LARGE fishing brolly's as it looks like it will be raining,(i'm allright Jack :P ) but hey!!! whats on the box over the weekend to tempt you to stop in and watch.

Mind you if your a bit of a gun snob you may not want to get your weapons wet :cry1:

Hi all

never been to a rifle range before, so if i can make it, do i need to bring my firearms certificate, is there somewhere on site where you can get something to eat. many thanks Smokey

Bring ticket :good: you never know .

There is a nice burger van,bacon sausage eggs and the like :yes: and a wood near by for you know what. :huh:

Nothing too formal, targets are silhouette from wild boar to little baby bunnies :yes:

Metal targets from around 200yds to approx 400, 5 inch disk to considerably bigger.

Ihope you get to come its a good time to experience the longer targets :good:

Ok were ON........... All set up and ready to go, put more room for the zeroing and a few more targets that the weather should it come dont effect.

Spuds are swinging as we speak lets hope you can hit them this week... :rolleyes:

Burger van will be on site from 8.30 ish so if you need a snack before we start come early, then I can get you to help me set up the paper targets :lol:

Weather is showing chance of showers but not too serious lets hope.

If the weather does get bad I do have some more spuds and clays to replace the paper targets so will be plenty to go at.

Hope to see you there and thankyou for your support

Carl

Big thanks to all of you who made the effort and drove through the floods to get there. As Doughy said apart from a sharp shower the weather was fine. Hope some of you can come next year to the shoots and will have an area set up just for the .22 lads to play and hope it stops them making my targets look like they have been shot with a machine gun............. :angry: You no who your are Carrot cruncher :lol:

Hope you all have a great shooting season and will see you next year at Catton. The Garlands shoots will be on on the last sunday of the month if you need to zero. And if I can get some thing else sorted for this year I will make sure I put it on here for you all to get first dibs

Thanks again

Carl

You beat me to it Doughy.

As you say the last one for this year but more to follow next year with a few more new ideas. Going to get Sparky working on some spinners etc to put on a .22 / .17 area should keep some of you happy for a few hours.

I have secured the 800 yard area but need to work how to go about using it and it will be a selection of different days. I can see the 17 snipers trigger fingers twitching now............800 ... yards.. should be good for a 2inch group :lol:

Will be still running the ranges at Garlands for you to zero with some animal targets up to 300 yards these days are run on the last sunday of every month and cost £20 for the day. please note we use target boards at Garland at set distances.

So if you fancy it this Sunday £20 gets you a full day of unlimited shooting with a good bunch of lads and a veggie if he comes :) im sure most of you have had a look at the web site but if your new to the site and new to the Catton shoots have a look at www.cattonriflesport.co.uk

keep the lead flying and hope to see some of you on Sunday

Carl

PS are we still on for a weekend next year......... :shoot:

oh yeah.....too right.

I hope so

sorry ive not been able to make the last couple of shoots....been busy with a new house renervation/work/and new baby. ill try to get over to garlands one sunday soon....and carl give us a shout when ya want some bits making and ill get them sorted...martyn