young birds

Been shooting on laid barley today and not even seen a single youngster which is a bit worrying anyone else seen many young birds around? :hmm:

I drove from yorkshire to rutland water all down the A1 - never saw a bird! acres of rape - but no birds! In years gone by there would have been loads flying over the road

I drove from yorkshire to rutland water all down the A1 - never saw a bird! acres of rape - but no birds! In years gone by there would have been loads flying over the road

Hundreds on laid barley near Ripon Simmo I'm going to leather a few on saturday, they were still coming in at 7.30 tonight

Been shooting on laid barley today and not even seen a single youngster which is a bit worrying anyone else seen many young birds around? :hmm:

My last two outings on peas and clover produced 102 birds with no young ones amongst them.

was out on tuesday picked 71 up off laid barley and only one sqaub out of them all very few youngster about but there ain't been many birds about all year adults must have left the young somewhere else and come to feed round doncaster

Young birds appear in every bag we shoot now to varying degrees.

Even after the 2 bad winters we had we were shooting young birds after weeks of sub zero temperatures and deep snow.

January 2010.

4250662001_162d27ec58_z.jpg

Young woodie in the snow. by mj robson, on Flickr

January 2011.

5333105738_f6ee07fc2f_z.jpg

Young birds after 5 weeks of cold! by mj robson, on Flickr