Any Northern Ireland pigeons taken yet?

woodcock1

Almost time for my annual week shooting on the winter crop stubbles. Usually the last couple of days of July and the first week of August. Anybody had a go yet on standing crops? Noticed any birds about? Ill be shooting the Lower Bann valley from Toome to Coleraine and all surrounding areas. Have had good success in the past in Maghera Randalstown, Garvagh, Kilrea, Aghadowey Macosquin and Coleraine. Have never broken the 200 mark but could this be the year?

Would be good to hear other interests or plans for the coming harvest. I have a few fields of whole crop peas and barley nearby which And if there are any beginners out there that would like to tag along for a day I can show you how I go about it. Not necessarily the right way but I works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a couple of phone calls for farmers already. Mostly crows on standing crops, but shot a few pigeons on saturday morning on cauliflowers of all things. Seen birds starting to hit green wheat. Another week or two and I will be in full swing.

Edited by Dr D

Almost time for my annual week shooting on the winter crop stubbles. Usually the last couple of days of July and the first week of August. Anybody had a go yet on standing crops? Noticed any birds about? Ill be shooting the Lower Bann valley from Toome to Coleraine and all surrounding areas. Have had good success in the past in Maghera Randalstown, Garvagh, Kilrea, Aghadowey Macosquin and Coleraine. Have never broken the 200 mark but could this be the year?

Would be good to hear other interests or plans for the coming harvest. I have a few fields of whole crop peas and barley nearby which And if there are any beginners out there that would like to tag along for a day I can show you how I go about it. Not necessarily the right way but I works for me.

hi just seen your message there..Im trying to get back into shooting at the minute..I used to go and shoot along with my uncle when i was younger and really enjoyed it and now that im a bit older and in the process of applying for my firearms certificate i wouldnt mind tagging along for a day just to get back into the swing of it.. :good:

hi just seen your message there..Im trying to get back into shooting at the minute..I used to go and shoot along with my uncle when i was younger and really enjoyed it and now that im a bit older and in the process of applying for my firearms certificate i wouldnt mind tagging along for a day just to get back into the swing of it.. :good:

I will be shooting in the coleraine area for sure someday in the next two weeks if you would like to come along it wouldnt be a problem.

I will be shooting in the coleraine area for sure someday in the next two weeks if you would like to come along it wouldnt be a problem.

That's really decent of you..if you want to send me your number through the chat part il give you a ring to find out what day your going out and all thanks

That's really decent of you..if you want to send me your number through the chat part il give you a ring to find out what day your going out and all thanks

Ill be fishing the first few days next week and then anytime from thursday on Ill just be going a drive to find the birds then knocking some doors for permission. Usually works for me. Il msg you through the forum before that though.

Ill be fishing the first few days next week and then anytime from thursday on Ill just be going a drive to find the birds then knocking some doors for permission. Usually works for me. Il msg you through the forum before that though.

that sounds perfect as Il probably be fishing as well sum day at the start of next week..no problem il look forward to hearing from you..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...