First fox with shotgun

kwagga10

As I can't shoot my rifles on the syndicate ground, I dicided to make the fox shooting a bit more challenging and have a go with the shotgun. I checked the wind and sat with my back against a telephone pole that is positioned between two woods. Both of these woods had pens in them. After I've sat down, I waited a few minutes for everything to settle down and get back to normal. I started calling with my Fox Call and after about 5mins the magpies started to go grazy and flew back into the trees. I then knew that I'm in business..I couldn't see him, but got the gun ready on my knee, and out of nowhere he popped out behind a bramble, he couldn't make out what I was, so I waited for him to look away before moving the gun. He took a few more steps and then the 36gr BB's paid him a visit :good: Must admit, while I was waiting for him to look away, my heart was pounding, as he was only about 30 to 40 yrds away.

post-23914-0-45177800-1342007619.jpg

I was thinking about the 36gr BBs for fox. Was it the Buffalo ones you used, and if you don't mind, what choke was in at the time for that shot?

Cheers.

I used a choke from Briley, called the Dove Duster :good: , it is a Light Modified choke. The cartiges is from Lyalvale Express, called Max Game. I do have the Buffalo's from Gamebore in 32gr SG, but there isn't that many shot in the cartridge. I just fancy my chances more with the Max Game.

Cheers

I used a choke from Briley, called the Dove Duster :good: , it is a Light Modified choke. The cartiges is from Lyalvale Express, called Max Game. I do have the Buffalo's from Gamebore in 32gr SG, but there isn't that many shot in the cartridge. I just fancy my chances more with the Max Game.

Cheers

Thanks. Buffalo do a 36gm BB too as far as I know.