Old style drivers licence

poontang

I have been waiting more than 3 months for mine to return now. Everytime i ring they have no idea how long it will be until it returns and although they have sent me a covering letter, my current licence EXPIRED on the 16th June. 3 years ago they mixed up my address and sent my licence to someone in Peterborough, they wouldnt speak to me because I DIDNT KNOW WHERE I LIVED, hardly surprising since they had allocated me some random new address.

I wait with baited breath but have had to cancel work trips as without my licence, i can use rental vehicles while travelling.

I hired a car without having my licence with me . The hire company went on line some where and saw that I had a current driving licence .

Harnser .

why are cops doing people for it then any on here clarify it :hmm:.when i moved from derby 5 years ago and sent for i change of address the DVLA said i had to have a photo licence and wouldnt do it on my paper 1.so i had to apply with 2 fotos etc and have the photo id 1 done did i do it 4 nothing or have i been jobsworthed :hmm:the paper bit stays valid but on your plastic 1 is an expiry date mines 2014 my m8s runs out in 2013 its in small print but they do this cos as you get older your face changes or some such guff,atb clakk

simply its because you had to send it in, they are changing to photocards whenever they have your license in for change. The fine relates to having one with an out of date photo.

I must admit I am tempted to get one as I do not usually carry any form of identification about with me apart from credit/debit card and I have been asked to provide identification for simple things like collecting a parcel etc and have had problems doing it in a way it seems wrong to have to carry something in my own country but then I am old.

Of course you can, a condition of the insurance will be a current MOT so if you don't have one then you don't have insurance.

See, that's common sense, yet it doesn't work like that. They may well refuse to pay out for your car in a crash but the 3rd party is always covered and you have insurance.

Your insurance company may well try and then recover the costs from you, but you won't get done for no insurance.