Which .223 rounds for 1:12

Picking up my new howa 1500 .223 on Friday, just wondering what rounds are best for 1:12 twist as I'm new to this centrefire stuff, was thinking get myself zeroed on some 55g Ppu soft tips as there cheap then change over to some hornady 40g v max for my main bullet choice, will both these Ammo's be ok? And it's to be used for foxes.

Did you get the Varmint barrel?, I have one in.308 with the 20" (as no 24" were available) and am thinking of getting a .223 as well, cheapest I can find one is £575.

Friend in the US shoots 69gr SMKs into 1/2" consistently with his.

Edited by phaedra1106

Picking up my new howa 1500 .223 on Friday, just wondering what rounds are best for 1:12 twist as I'm new to this centrefire stuff, was thinking get myself zeroed on some 55g Ppu soft tips as there cheap then change over to some hornady 40g v max for my main bullet choice, will both these Ammo's be ok? And it's to be used for foxes.

hi, you will need to cheack where the v-max are hitting after you zero with the ppu,diffrent bullets may/will hit the target diffrent places