Mitsubishi L200

djgeoff

i have the chance of getting 2004 L200 warrior, i know naff all about 4 x 4s. so i am after advise on any issues this make and model may have, so i don't get ripped off.

chap is asking £4500.

info i have is 2477cc turbo diesel, 5 seater, manual.

got 8 months mot, tax runs out next month

99 thou on clock, chap is 3rd owner, selling due to his mrs moaning, he has had it 12months.

he used it to tow is hot rod about, its on limited mileage with insurance, he says he hardly uses it.

also any advise on insurance my present company are classing it as a pick up therefore commercial and they don't do commercials.

so can anyone recommend insurance company and if i should insure commercial or normal ( car )

regards

geoff

I had warrior L200 2.8 Imported. I got the insurance with Autonet Insurance (brokers), 0800 3777266, this one was dificult as it is an import. Reasonable premiums too. You might try NFU on 01284 701144 - Alex is his name. Price about right for age and model. Mine was written off so had to replace. You must do an HPI check.

I know off two l200 one is 100 k on the clocks 2004 the most looked after l200 I've seen by my mate who has car OCD lol drove it like you grandad no more than 65mph not revving it past 2500 rpm owned it for two years now in the first six months the turbo was sticking and going in to limp home mode with over boost faults fitted a new turbo. All going ok 5months later big hole in the engine block Conrod Brock the rest off the time sat in his yard with him calling it a pease of **** lol the other l200 is solid well serviced tows 7m power boats every where in and out off sea water most days driven flat out every day by a x tank commander only fault is it judders heavy in therd gear when accelerating and no one can find out why

• 2 weeks later...

ive got an l200 warrior 2.5 td on a 05 plate with 53000 on the clock never missed a beat cant fault it!! pulls like a train great off road only down side is the steering lock ( some 3 point turns may take 5)

There's a simple fix to make the turning lock better. Loads of info available of how to do it online. L200.org forum has it but if you don't want to sign up there just do a google search. Makes the turning circle far better. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I may have been unlucky but all the ones I've driven have been soft wobbling, wallowing cack!

They just seem to self destruct! A friend had one for 4 years and was telling me the repair costs over that period were around the 11k mark!!!!

Landrovers aren't bombproof but I've never spent anywhere near that!

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

I'm going to be putting my new old shape l200 against my range rover for the next few months to see which one gets it's place in my garage.. Had rangerover for a year now, only had issues with the airbags.

Currently, the l200 is at my mates getting offroad prep'd.. 33" tyres, 3" body lift, 3"sus lift, flipping the ball joints and new shocks.

Will be going against my road going 4.6 v8 with road 22" wheels simply to save some money! 14mpg vs 28mpg is a no brainier!