Stolen Bike

Havana

Just an advisory tale and slight rant!

Got back from my honeymoon Friday morning after a truly awesome time.

Saturday Me and the Mrs though it would be nice to ride to the local farmers market (Westbridgeford, Nottingham) get a few bits for dinner.

Arrived and locked our bikes to a bike rack in the middle of the street opposite said market....

returned an hour later to find both bikes gone and no where to be seen!

what a come down to earth that was!

checked any local cctv and nothing, nobody from the shops saw anything either :(

Mr Police called around Sunday to get statements and Apparently there has been a spate of bikes stolen recently with the most likely outcome that they have been broken up and sold in parts.

I really loved my bike and although 2 years old was in mint condition despite some hard riding :(

in the hands of the insurance company now so we will see how that goes .

My advice is get a good lock! i have D locks but did not take it this time as they are heavy and we were only going to be an hour.... how gutted am I now! :(

Police say a D lock is almost impossible to break discretely so more than likely i would still have both bikes ...

£1200 down the pan hopefully insurance will come good... 1st ever claim for anything in my life so all that money spent better be worth it

toerag in derby got done last week had 24 stolen bikes in his house .mr plod took him to court judge wot planet am i on orders him to pay 500 quid compo amongst 24 peeps????????.but to make it even better as chummys on the dole at tenner a week so the main complainant to the paper received a cheque for 23pence ands been told he will have to wait for the rest.as it was a mistake and he shouldnt get anything till theyre able to pay everyone a fiver .mindboggling how do uninsured peeps get another bike to go work on etc when they have to wait forever for compo.i thought thats why every court fine they do has that victim of crime suppliment to pay victims back not keep them waiting.glad you enjoyed your honeymoon good luck with your claim its a mad world

I am sorry to hear of your loss, But I would never leave a bike of that value unattended. The people, sorry I mean scum bags that steal bicycles, know an expensive bike from a piece of junk and you might as well hang a sign on it saying steal me. If you look at places were you can lock bikes up have a closer look and you will see all sorts of locks still attached to the bike racks or whatever., These include top of the range Abus locks. As for D locks I was told by a police man all these people need to bust these is a scissor jack, A few turns and say goodbye to your bike. If you cant afford to lose it dont leave it unattended. Some insurance companies include bike insurance for when you are away from home on certain policies, but I have had to pay extra on some policies for this type of insurance.

toerag in derby got done last week had 24 stolen bikes in his house .mr plod took him to court judge wot planet am i on orders him to pay 500 quid compo amongst 24 peeps????????.but to make it even better as chummys on the dole at tenner a week so the main complainant to the paper received a cheque for 23pence ands been told he will have to wait for the rest.as it was a mistake and he shouldnt get anything till theyre able to pay everyone a fiver .mindboggling how do uninsured peeps get another bike to go work on etc when they have to wait forever for compo.i thought thats why every court fine they do has that victim of crime suppliment to pay victims back not keep them waiting.glad you enjoyed your honeymoon good luck with your claim its a mad world

bone idle thieving scumbags on benefits who get a court fine should go into a bloody workhouse or enforced labour scheme to pay for it, really boils my **** this!!!

i know the feeling, i had a lovely carbon fibre bike stolen from work 18 months ago,was only six months old and cost me over £2k. its crazy has the little **** came in when we where working and took it, amazingly no one saw a thing. the police where great but no luck in getting it back... unfortunatly i didnt have it insured so i took the loss.

i waited a few months then bought another one, jus tas i did i fell from my other bike broke some ribs, then as they got bgetter had another fall and did my ankle in.. then the hospital put a stop to my riding until they can sort out a long term ilness ive had... so ive a stunning bike that in a year or so ive done just two miles on..realising how m,uch im loosing in depreciation with it hanging in my workshop doing nothing ive just put it on ebay, going to loose an arm and a leg on it though, but at least itll be a cracking buy for someone

Got back from my honeymoon Friday morning after a truly awesome time.

.....was in mint condition despite some hard riding

Some of the old boys on here have dodgy tickers - please don't put these words in the same post :lol:

On a serious note, get a cheap bike for local town shopping. Bike theft is a growing crime. The other tricks the scumbags do is follow nice bikes home and then return in the night to take them away :mad:

Some of the old boys on here have dodgy tickers - please don't put these words in the same post :lol:

On a serious note, get a cheap bike for local town shopping. Bike theft is a growing crime. The other tricks the scumbags do is follow nice bikes home and then return in the night to take them away :mad:

In London at the tube stations people chain them up to the bike racks the scum bags use a battery operated angle grinder to cut the chains off them:( :(

In London at the tube stations people chain them up to the bike racks the scum bags use a battery operated angle grinder to cut the chains off them:( :(

use to sell em at a tractor dealers ,mr quad bike security tried to sell our buyer .excuse the spelling,molybedenum thief proof locks , :blink: :blink: .mr makitas little toy went through it in seconds like a hot knife through butter as u say they want it u lost it im afraid :no:

Edited by clakk

Hi fella's

Well sorry for not really tending to my post.... things took an unexpected turn and I was admitted to hospital on Tuesday (17th) for an emergency operation to remove an abscess so all in all it was a bit of a crash down to reality.

I have had the opportunity to claim for my loss with the insurance company and I can say it was a pleasure to deal with them (AXA) they handled my claim perfectly and I am awaiting the arrival of our new bikes on Friday 27th

i will actually get a better bike than i lost due to specification changes on the new models so at least i will only loose out the excess for my policy (£50) It does not excuse the blatant theft but at least my insurance was worth having.