Good 3.5 hrs after work on stubble

Cosd

The farmer harvested some barley fields this morning so decided we would have a go after work. My partner Topgun66 and I took newbie Herr Plinker with us on his first pigeon shoot. Vince has had 5 clay lessons so far over at sporting targets but never been on live quarry before. He's due for a visit on Tuesday from the FAO to grant his SGC hopefully.

We got to the farm at 4.30pm and started setting up in two hides with me doubling up with Vince. Set up two groups of decoys and the flapper in between. Birds were trickling in and after I took the first bird coming in, Vince stood up as a second came in swinging right to left and dropped it stone dead. He was so over the moon as I was for him.

Started slowly but was getting busier after I put a couple on the magnet. We shot steady till 8.00 O'Clcok. The birds decoyed lovely and Vince showed his money was well spent on the lessons taking some lovely crossers and his shot of the day at around 40yards.

An enjoyable 3+ hrs we downed 53 and picked up 49. Topgun66 had an equally enjoyable afternoon downing 56.

A picture for Vince to remember his first day decoying.

fbdffd20.jpg

Cos

Edited by Cosd