Woopee! First win!

Frenchieboy

I've just got back home from one of our club's clay shoots as happy as Larry! I don't usually do too well shooting clays, only averaging 2 out of 3 at the best of times but today I won quite convincingly with a score of 40.5 out of a possible 50! This might not be a big score by many clay shooters standards but it is a milestone for me, especially as it was a 50 Bird Simulated Game Shoot which I normally struggle with.

I shouldn't say it but I can't resist, I even beat Bangbangnik who is a remarkably good clay shooter! (Sorry Nik)

Am I happy - You bet I am! :D:D:D

Yes I wondered that - 40 destroyed and one 'probable,' a la Battle of Britain?

I won my fist comp last Xmas and won £25 and a trophy, was a bit unexpected and I was quite chuffed.

Is that something you should be talking about on a shooting forum :hmm:

As an aside, nothing beats winning your first competition,

It sort of justifies the practice,

:shaun:

Can i ask how you get 40.5 out of 50 :look:

We shoot from five stands, shooting two pairs and a single bird from each stand( we go round twice on a fifty bird shoot) on the single bird we allow full use of the gun so if you miss with the first shot you can still hit it with the second barrel and get half a point. It baffled me the first time I went and we read the scores out with many people scoring x and a half points.

Well done Pete you shot great today and the majority of what you hit really did turn to dust. Hats off to you, a well deserved win :good::good:

Another grat day and some lovely weather to, despite what the weather men told us.

We shoot from five stands, shooting two pairs and a single bird from each stand( we go round twice on a fifty bird shoot) on the single bird we allow full use of the gun so if you miss with the first shot you can still hit it with the second barrel and get half a point. It baffled me the first time I went and we read the scores out with many people scoring x and a half points.

Well done Pete you shot great today and the majority of what you hit really did turn to dust. Hats off to you, a well deserved win :good::good:

Another grat day and some lovely weather to, despite what the weather men told us.

Thanks for explaining that Nik, you explained it better than I would have been able to! :yes: And thanks for the compliments! :good::good::good:

As for the weather, yes it was a cracking day but right now we are in the middle of a cloud burst and an almighty thunder storm. Looks like we finished and got home just in time! :yes:

Edited by Frenchieboy

Thanks for that :good:

Well done Pete :yes:

Ps, did you get it on vid :P