nice roe buck

cocker3

well not been out in a few weeks as i have been busy with building new kennels along with other thinks so on sunday morning i decidedto go for a stalk as the weather has been very hot .i set off at 3.45 am and arrived at the shoot at 4 05 am and set off for a spot i had seen a nice buck at in the past it was still quite dark when i got to the spot i wated to set up at it took about 30 min for the light to improve and then a doe walked out of the rape about 200 yards up the fields from me with a buck stuck to her butt like super glue but he was back on to me and then another buck came charging out the same spot and the two bucks spent the next 5 min chasing each other round and went charging back into the rape with out the chance of a shot 20 min later and the bucks had not retuned so i decided to move to another spot where there is a nice buck the rape field is on a slope and has a grass square half way up one side about an acre in size i drove the car to the top of the field where you can look right down onto the grass patch and sure enough there was a doe out feeding i parked the car up and set off round the field(as you cant get to the grass park from the top of the field ) about 70 acres in size so it took a while i got to the bottom of the field and started to creep up the hedge to the grass park still about 200 yards up the hedge line

with all the noise i was making with twigs and the likes snapping under foot (the rape comes right up to the hedge )i was sure the doe would hear me sure enough when i got to the edge of the grass no doe in sight :bye2: soi got the sticks u and got the buttalo out a couple of squeeks and i could her her coming towards me in the rape with in seconds she was out infront of me in a small bald patch on the edge of the rape before i could move a buck jumped out in front of her and stood looking at me not 60 yards away from me he must have been sitting up in the rape un seen by me any way a quick flick of the safety and i put a sako 55 gr in his lower neck as he was face on to me he dropped like a stone on the spot a nice 43 lb buck with a very nice head on him

post-15459-0-24806200-1344906706_thumb.jpg

post-15459-0-08839600-1344906737_thumb.jpg

Well done mate :good:

Your kennels look good too.

How are the pups coming on?

thanks buddy yes thats all the pups away now kept the whitd and brown bitch the wife took a shine to her cant wait to start basic training with her looks very keen at the moment but time will tell

thanks buddy yes thats all the pups away now kept the whitd and brown bitch the wife took a shine to her cant wait to start basic training with her looks very keen at the moment but time will tell

That's great mate, that you have sorted homes for them. I remember that you did say you were thinking of keeping one.

So Its Cocker 4 now :good:

Nice head mate , well done.

thanks buddy jut wish it had a couple more grms and it wout be a defo silver but still very happy with it

Nice Buck Andy :good:thanks tam

That's great mate, that you have sorted homes for them. I remember that you did say you were thinking of keeping one.

So Its Cocker 4 now :good:

eh no buddy its cocker 5 lol already had 4 and this one makes it five FOR NOW ANYWAY !! Edited by cocker3

Nice one gaj,could do with grass park topped me thinks!

And how the **** laid the slabs Stevie Wonder :lol:

cheers gaji grass was meant to be topped weeks ago but he never got round to it and as for the slabs thats cos a get too many fat @*¥** walking over them lol

Have 3 days off clients now to ready my shoot for the partridges.

Rut never got going here.

think i called a record number of does up but very few had bucks in tow.

we shot a few bucks but had to work extra hard for them.

yesterday mornings buck

poorest rut on my records.

still the bucks will be there for later.

also got alot to do to get ready for my trips abroad.

kick off next month in lapland after cappercallie and black grouse.

It rained heavy today so just had a chill day to recharge not had a day off in a month, thats alot of 4a.m starts.

Edited by yds

Have 3 days off clients now to ready my shoot for the partridges.

Rut never got going here.

think i called a record number of does up but very few had bucks in tow.

we shot a few bucks but had to work extra hard for them.

yesterday mornings buck

poorest rut on my records.

still the bucks will be there for later.

also got alot to do to get ready for my trips abroad.

kick off next month in lapland after cappercallie and black grouse.

It rained heavy today so just had a chill day to recharge not had a day off in a month, thats alot of 4a.m starts.

yup same here mate rut has been very start stop more stop than start tho :no: seeing alot of young small bucks but only getting fleeting glimpses of the bigger ones now the rut is coming to an end most of the bucks round here will vanish and we will not see any for a good month or two hasnt helped that the harvest here is about 3-4 weeks ;later than normal .

look forward to the write up about your trip mate

yove not had a day off in a month fella you work to hard :lol: :lol:

atb andy

well i'm hoping because the ruts been **** the false rut will be a good one.

heres hoping.

reckon i'm 15 bucks down now.#worked very hard in the rain to maintain the numbers but have lost big time with the poor calling.

71 bucks this season so far.

well i'm hoping because the ruts been **** the false rut will be a good one.

heres hoping.

reckon i'm 15 bucks down now.#worked very hard in the rain to maintain the numbers but have lost big time with the poor calling.

71 bucks this season so far.

71 buck that fantastic buddy heres me thinking i have done good getting 19 (where is the embarrested smilely face when you need it lol)hope it turns out good for you too buddy

finished last season with 99 bucks think that is out of reach this season now ended up with 165 deer.

i can always hope for the magic 100 bucks

then theres the 41 does shot since new years day also.LOL on 112 deer this year

Edited by yds

finished last season with 99 bucks think that is out of reach this season now ended up with 165 deer.

i can always hope for the magic 100 bucks

then theres the 41 does shot since new years day also.LOL on 112 deer this year

holly **** i would be chuffed to shoot 100 is 5 years lol never mind 1 year you must cover some ground john for those numbers thats prity awsome numbers none the less buddy hope you hit the ton i would love a red letter year like that buddy hahaha

would you say the nordic caller is any better then the buttalo john ?

Edited by cocker3