new stock arrived!!

kdubya

Well finally got my stock from richards micro fit in the good old u s of a , ordered it march got it today! was quoted 9 weeks? lot of work to be done yet, but for the price WELL worth the wait, all the rough sanding has now been done, needs a lot more "fine work and a hell of a lot taking out of the barrel inleting, but it will get there, and it will be different er if a little bit over the top?

cheer KW

what action is it inletted for?

and what % inletted was it listed as.

hope it turns out lovely :angry:

its for my marlin 917vs I went for a straight line thumbhole ( see ther web site) the stock is supposed to be 95% finished and in truth thats probably about right, BUT the last 5% is a LOT of work mainly on the trigger inlet, the barrel grove, and of course the forend and butt need cutting and shaping, fortunately the wood is relatively soft and is very workable, I reckon I should have the stock fitted well by this evening, and then I can start the finishing off, I will post a pic or two when complete.

cheers KW

Well here's a pic of the stock, barrel and trigger unit are fitted spot on, waiting now for some gear to come from the states so I can bed it in, I am very, very happy with the finish , although the colour IS a bit dubious,up to now the stock has had five coats of true oil, and will now be left for a couple of weeks ( off to get some late sun?) then I will use a satin stock oil to dull it down a little and that shoul be it?

cheers KW

P1000164.jpg