Avalon Guns

bruno22rf

• 1 month later...

I haven't received a great service from Avalon guns, it has to be said. Bought a really expensive £4k gun and it broke within 5 minutes, requested a refund and got the owner telling me that I don't have the right to a refund and he was just unprofressional and rude. Then took 4 weeks to get repaired they had the cheek of trying to get me to buy a more expensive gun. The guys that work there are miserable as they openly admit to customers that they get treated badly by the owner and get worked hard for nothing.

Seems to be a shop that is rapidly getting a bad reputation for itself and I certainly will never go back there in a hurry and I certainly won't be recommending them to anyone at Bisley or my local shooting grounds.

ive bought two guns from them, dealt with chris both times and found him very helpful and knowlegable about what he was selling. Bit of a journey for me down there but if your parting with a few quid then its worth the trip, Greenfields in Salisburys nearest to me, but make you feel uncomfortable as if you was going to nick something from them..........or it might be just me!

Definitely know what you mean about hearing good and bad things about certain dealers and is very dependant on the circumstance, I just feel obliged to let you know my experience. I don't really consider myself to be that complicated and am very honest with people, but it just seemed like there was an element of car salesman in there and once you had the gun, that was it, you were stuck without a leg to stand on. One comment from the owner was, "Well you can't do anything about getting your money back because I have it now and you aren't getting it back". Obviously my money is going to fund his Bentley and he isn't interested in whether the gun was fit for purpose.

Anyway, such is life, but he needs to recheck his personality as I am not recommending him to anyone.

It's not been the same since Clive left and went to Sportsmans in Exeter.

Mind you, to be fair most retail staff get not a lot more than minimum wage so finding someone that is friendly and keen these days is quite rare.

same as any other business pay peanuts get monkeys springs to mind, shame alot of places seem to be going down this road