LOP

darren 67

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you increase lop the muzzles don't lower- you see less of the rib due to the now increased drop on your comb which more often than not causes head lifting to see the target and a resulting miss over the top.

Fresh out the Dennis taylor 3 easy steps to checking your lop without going in off the black. New balls please.

if you increase the the LOP and your cheek is still on the comb you then shoot low ,if you are having to lift your head your comb is wrong ,this why i said i had to put a cheek riser on in winter because my LOP has got longer !!!!!????? dont you lot listen or just thick ,

if you increase the the LOP and your cheek is still on the comb you then shoot low ,if you are having to lift your head your comb is wrong ,this why i said i had to put a cheek riser on in winter because my LOP has got longer !!!!!????? dont you lot listen or just thick ,

Thats the point sunshine, you wont keep your head on the stock when shooting (at a moving target, not pointing your lazer at a wall) you will naturally lift your head leading to a miss high. Right idea with a comb raiser but for the wrong reasons.

Not so thick that it has prevented me achieving more in one month with a shotgun than you will do in a lifetime. Enjoy your thick fleeces, I'm off to bed!

Love you x

Thats the point sunshine, you wont keep your head on the stock when shooting (at a moving target, not pointing your lazer at a wall) you will naturally lift your head leading to a miss high. Right idea with a comb raiser but for the wrong reasons.

Not so thick that it has prevented me achieving more in one month with a shotgun than you will do in a lifetime. Enjoy your thick fleeces, I'm off to bed!

Love you x

using a lazer is the same as using a pattern board ,i don't use it for moving targets its to see if the gun fits ,well you trap shooters dont stand or sit in a hide for hours on end in sub zero temps in your browning jackets do you ,;-)

love you more sunshine

sweet dreams xxx

Just out of interest my lop on my gun is 17 it fits my forearm well when laided in the crook of my arm , when mounted there is a two and a half finger gap from my thumb knuckle to my nose :good:

ask the clay shooters they seem to know it all ***** at them ,but if you were asking me i would say try it on a pattern board

Guest cookoff013

hey, pattern boards are great.

but shooting a few easy targets, or targets that have a representation such as "flat away" could show you the poi is off.

there are skeletal stocks that you can alter everything. usually an instructor can fit you to it, and write down the mesurements.

hey, pattern boards are great.

but shooting a few easy targets, or targets that have a representation such as "flat away" could show you the poi is off.

there are skeletal stocks that you can alter everything. usually an instructor can fit you to it, and write down the mesurements.

love to be fitted proper as im a big lad , is there anywhere in cambridgeshire that does this ?

I would suggest taking a few seconds to read the results of a couple of recent Majors and British Open Chamionships might help one or two understand that someone on here may just have done a wee bit of this shooting lark to a fair standard and know what he is on about.

It's not me. I just do it for a living 7 days a week.

I would suggest taking a few seconds to read the results of a couple of recent Majors and British Open Chamionships might help one or two understand that someone on here may just have done a wee bit of this shooting lark to a fair standard and know what he is on about.

It's not me. I just do it for a living 7 days a week.

couldn't have put it better myself !