LOP

darren 67

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't he wear tweed and glasses? What will HE know!? <_<

yes he dose but he dont tell you off because you shoot well ,he shows in one part of the video how if your LOP is to long your muzzle will drop and if this happens @ about 30-40 yards your shot will drop a fare bit ,i think he puts it "a small mistake at the butt end can make large difference at the target end " do your maths lads

how does he measure the lop?

how he showed on the vid is how i do it and many old timers

yes he dose but he dont tell you off because you shoot well ,he shows in one part of the video how if your LOP is to long your muzzle will drop and if this happens @ about 30-40 yards your shot will drop a fare bit ,i think he puts it "a small mistake at the butt end can make large difference at the target end " do your maths lads

Sorry, my maths is ok, but my physics must be a little rusty. How would too much LOP make my muzzles drop?

how if your LOP is to long your muzzle will drop and if this happens @ about 30-40 yards your shot will drop a fare bit ,i think he puts it "a small mistake at the butt end can make large difference at the target end " do your maths lads

That's why your face should be up the front of the combe. As you know your stock slopes down, so the further back you go the lower your head will be, and you would be looking into the back of the action.

Like I said, if I measured my LOP using the forearm technique, it would be 17'' long!

I wouldn't be able to even mount the gun, let alone see over the action.....

As has been said, it may work on a few people, but it is not the correct way to measure LOP.

Edited by chrispti

That's why your face should be up the front of the combe. As you know your stock slopes down, so the further back you go the lower your head will be, and you would be looking into the back of the action.

Like I said, if I measured my LOP using the forearm technique, it would be 17'' long!

I wouldn't be able to even mount the gun, let alone see over the action.....

As has been said, it may work on a few people, but it is not the correct way to measure LOP.

get your shotgun out and put it into your shoulder and then move it forwards ,see what happens to your bead ,it will disappear,thus making your muzzle lower and then your shooting low ,your comb is not inline with the top of your rib it is on an angle,this is why i put a cheek riser on mine when i shoot in winter as the extra layers of clothing will make my LOP change and the cheek riser then pushes the butt down thus the muzzle will rise ,all done with a lazer bore sight @30m ,same as doing a pattern board ,just try you might be pleasantly surprised

i think the reason everyone is getting confused.com is that if you go into a gun shop and get a gun fit ,they will do the LOP but if you have got a gun that you thought is ok but is not ,the fasted and cheapest way is to put on a pad or take a bit off ?? its worked for me and loads of my mates and family,this was the way my dad and his dad and my great grandfather has done it and all were great shooters ,they had to live off the land , :good:

When you increase lop the muzzles don't lower- you see less of the rib due to the now increased drop on your comb which more often than not causes head lifting to see the target and a resulting miss over the top.

Fresh out the Dennis taylor 3 easy steps to checking your lop without going in off the black. New balls please.