Brian May

digger

To be fair, most of his success comes from being a part of Queen and Freddie Mercury was the energy and vitality that fired that group into super stardom, he went along for the ride. While undoubtedly a talented guitarist, he has lived off his time in Queen ever since. I don't honestly believe most of us would know who he is if it weren't for the band.

but you do know who he is he was part of 1 of the most successful bands in the world so he's many things but not a has been.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but you do know who he is he was part of 1 of the most successful bands in the world so he's many things but not a has been.

Agreed mate, never said he was a has been, that was someone else. Just saying that he's perhaps had a somewhat charmed career and would have been most likely a nobody without Queen.

I think you'd be hard pressed to make the argument that Queen would have been nothing without Brian May, whereas IMO it's a given that would have been the case without Freddie...anyway, to get back on topic.

The man's a deluded loon living in his own fluffy little world in my opinion.

The man's a deluded loon living in his own fluffy little world in my opinion.

he may well be lol, im not objecting to him being criticised for his beliefs im just saying he's no "never has been " as stated before by another poster who clearly does not know a successful musician from a busker lol

He is an average guitarist with delusions of being bright. He seems to have achieved cult status because Farrokh Bulsara died.

In terms of music, he was somebody famous, but done nothing for years. In terms of anything else - just a figure of fun.

Why do musicians suddenly feel the need to speak out on subjects they know little of - think Brian May, think Sting, think Bob Geldof?

Living off his time in Queen again. Anyone fancy naming me a Brian May solo hit?

queen was his work so he got to a level he dont have to do much anymore, he's already done the work so he was successful he can retire young, wish in had been that lucky lol

Edited by storme37

it was Freddy that made the band famous ,queen died when Freddy died , brain may is cashing in on it ,i have always said this before i even knew he was a anti , didn't think much of him then and i don't think much of him now,i wont say what i think of him as ive had one warning from the mods on PW for bad language lol

Ok Storme, we get the idea, you're a fan mate who can't hear a bad word said about him professionally.

As far as I'm concerned GordonR was on the money in his previous post and as you just pointed out, he's not done anything since Queen, his success as a musician was purely down to him being in Queen without them he'd be a nobody...well, not done anything other than champion the cause of foxes, badgers and whatever the hell it was he had on his hat at the closing ceremony.

I'm not going to sit here and argue the toss over Brian May, he's not worth my energy, as such that's me done on this thread.

Edited by -Mongrel-

I personally think all anti hunters, anti shooters, anti gun and anti pest control advocates should be given a section of land to rule over in any way they please and implement thier own laws for a set period of years. When they have to import almost all thier food from other counties, are over run by rabbits, pigeons etc and foxes while mixy and mange run rife and thier emotion driven drivel starts to effect areas around them adversely, then they should be made to step down, said area be restored to the UK and the local populace moved back in to clear up the mess, compensated of course. It can be well documented, and every time one of those or any other anti speaks up on the subject again they can have a read.

to be honest im not a fan i just feel just because his believes differ its easy to call him a loser but its just not true at least by focusing on his beliefs you keep credibility, im not saying he's right i doubt he is im just saying **** i had to much beer now i forgotten lol nite chaps

Edited by storme37

to be honest im not a fan i just feel just because his believes differ its easy to call him a loser but its just not true at least by focusing on his beliefs you keep credibility, im not saying he's right i doubt he is im just saying **** i had to much beer now i forgotten lol nite chaps

He is a loser.

Queen without freddie mercury are not Queen. Mcdinosaur was cringe inducing at the last two major public appearances. He would turn up at the opening of Primark if it were televised and if BBC 1 covered the closing of a public toilet in Oswestry he would rock up.

I personally think all anti hunters, anti shooters, anti gun and anti pest control advocates should be given a section of land to rule over in any way they please and implement thier own laws for a set period of years. When they have to import almost all thier food from other counties, are over run by rabbits, pigeons etc and foxes while mixy and mange run rife and thier emotion driven drivel starts to effect areas around them adversely, then they should be made to step down, said area be restored to the UK and the local populace moved back in to clear up the mess, compensated of course. It can be well documented, and every time one of those or any other anti speaks up on the subject again they can have a read.

That's a cracking idea!Totally impractical of course,but it would certainly give them a glimpse into another world.It would make a fabulous reality TV programme!

Why do musicians suddenly feel the need to speak out on subjects they know little of - think Brian May, think Sting, think Bob Geldof?

For "good" publicity maybe? A lot of celebrities do that and it gains them a lot of fame and support.

That would actually be a good experiment. Can't see how it would be practical though.

I think he's becoming a figure of ridicule of late, really.He can pose with as many Labour politicians as he likes,but it's hard to tell who is profiting more from the relationship;the politician furthering his career by posing with the former pop star,or the former pop star furthering his agenda by posing with any politician happy to jump on the 'anything to have a pop at the tories' bandwagon,which is what they're both doing in reality.The article was meant to be regarding the badger cull,but he's involved Nelson Mandella,apartheid and the hunting act.All a bit sad really.

Exactly, forget pro-shooters and farmers, most 'neutral' people I come across readily agree that he's making a pillock of himself. He must make more than a few antis cringe too.