After yet another pair of waders

Albert 888

As per title.

I am wanting chest waders.I have owned a pair of cheap pvc type ones,no good some 5mm neopreane kowala ok, and 4mm diawa ones ok but not upto the job and done over 80 trips in two seasons.The kowala pair had many repairs and my diawa are in need of repair now.Has anyone got any recomendations for a new pair. The weak points of the waders i have owned are the boots and areas of stiching around the bum and the knees,so the less stiching the better.I also suffer from the heat and cold but would rather sweat than freeze.The places i go involve a lot of walking sually around 4 mile and sitting and lying in the mud.They will be used and abused so i dont mind paying for a good set.

Yea they are great i have a pair :good: and the front pocket is well good for calls ect make sure it is the max 4 ones though because they have the more robust knee pads and less stitching in the more procurious places :lol:

The stiching on the kness is the most prone part to hole for me as i have long legs so knee pads maybe a no no for me.Then the bum area for some reason :oops: .Have you had much use out of yours,not your bum area just the waders. :w00t:

if you get those prologic ones keep the receipt .

i have had 2 pairs , first one lasted 8 trips before splitting at the area where your toe bends .

i had them replaced but damaged them myself soon afterwards so cant comment on how long these would have lasted .

if you get those prologic ones keep the receipt .

i have had 2 pairs , first one lasted 8 trips before splitting at the area where your toe bends .

i had them replaced but damaged them myself soon afterwards so cant comment on how long these would have lasted .

Cheers i may stay clear of them then.

I would have thought if your prepared to pay 150 quid for a pair of waders you could probably find a pair on somewhere like Cabela's pay the postage possibly the tax and still have change. Also they do them in long legs , short leg, stout etc.

Apart from what Hutchie says above I've never heard anyone say good things about the Pro logic in fact quite the opposite.

I would have thought if your prepared to pay 150 quid for a pair of waders you could probably find a pair on somewhere like Cabela's pay the postage possibly the tax and still have change. Also they do them in long legs , short leg, stout etc.

Apart from what Hutchie says above I've never heard anyone say good things about the Pro logic in fact quite the opposite.

I thought about cabelas as i have seen some very good ones very strechy but i would like to keep my money local.But if i have to,i will spend my money elseware. I will have a look on thier website thanks.

I doubt if you will get any cheast waders that will last more than a couple of seasons with the amount of wear you give them. I get Diwa nylon cheast waders. They are light and you can stay cool in them ( a major problem in most waders for me is overheating in them even in very cold weather) Cost around £42 and they last a season , sometimes two ( I go wildfowling 3-4 times a week so they get plenty of wear). At that price you can buy 3 pairs for the cost of a pro logic pair.

alright mate last season i got a new pair of chestys from cabellas im 6ft 4in and twenty two stone so conventional sized waders made me look like an overweight max wall,cabellas do a big man size and they fit a treat .the price of the wades worked out about 110pound,but with shipping etc the final price was around 200pound.they are excellent proper welded seams 5mm neoprene.check the cabellas website. john

Just looked on cabelas website cant find any tall ones suitable.Unles a lugged sole is like are cleated sole.Any ideas.

The importation tax and paselforce fees, carridge etc make Cabelas very expensive. Like i have said before if your looking at neoprine the stetch must be all ways for seams etc to hold up not just one way. quality neoprine waders are harder to find in the UK now breathables have come down in price as anglers are the biggest marketplace by far. after the weekend i have become a thigh wader convert for early season. Lets face it i came off dryer than you did LOL!

The importation tax and paselforce fees, carridge etc make Cabelas very expensive. Like i have said before if your looking at neoprine the stetch must be all ways for seams etc to hold up not just one way. quality neoprine waders are harder to find in the UK now breathables have come down in price as anglers are the biggest marketplace by far. after the weekend i have become a thigh wader convert for early season. Lets face it i came off dryer than you did LOL!

The only way i would have stayed drier would be if i wore a wet suit. Good job i had my cartridge belt on the outside,I could have been squelchinng all the way back to the car.Thigh waders are no good for me as i like to walk in straight lines,you know like the romans.And the breathables just wouldnt take the abuse. I would wear shorts but after seeing the amount of ticks on the dog i will stick to waders.

The only way i would have stayed drier would be if i wore a wet suit. Good job i had my cartridge belt on the outside,I could have been squelchinng all the way back to the car.Thigh waders are no good for me as i like to walk in straight lines,you know like the romans.And the breathables just wouldnt take the abuse. I would wear shorts but after seeing the amount of ticks on the dog i will stick to waders.

Next time you walk in those staight lines consider there might be a hidden gutter then LOL. I think i will try and go around them

I'm looking for some new waders too, have you settled on a pair yet? I'm considering these...

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/thigh-fishing-waders/hardwear-pro-neoprene-waders/40/yes/49259

Chesties arn't really neccesary for me, I'd rather my upper body was less 'restricted', and as in a short **** they never fot well.

Has anyone owned/seen these in the past, or could you guys recommend some good waist waders? Not PVC though, they are far too sweaty and uncomfortable.