modern arms co

andy74

Guys,

Could any of you experts out there please give me any info on the following gun, I have searched high and low and can't seem to find anything.

I recently obtained a very old double barrell .410 s/s double trigger, hammer gun.

I im quite interested in finding any info out about the gun, as i might sell it if anyone is interested. First glance the gun is very old looking, but at the same time looks very nice. Dont know if its quite a collectors piece, but could be wrong.

The gun itself has "modern arms co" stamped on the top of the barrell, along with the stamp to say its been nitro proofed.

Shoots very well, knocks clays out of the sky at 20-25 yards away.

Could this be of interest to anyone, or can anybody please enlighten me on the background, and possible value of the gun.

The gun is deffianately on the market now, and all reasonable offers considered.

Cheers Guys

Andy.

Guys,

Could any of you experts out there please give me any info on the following gun, I have searched high and low and can't seem to find anything.

I recently obtained a very old double barrell .410 s/s double trigger, hammer gun.

I im quite interested in finding any info out about the gun, as i might sell it if anyone is interested. First glance the gun is very old looking, but at the same time looks very nice. Dont know if its quite a collectors piece, but could be wrong.

The gun itself has "modern arms co" stamped on the top of the barrell, along with the stamp to say its been nitro proofed.

Could this be of interest to anyone, or can anybody please enlighten me on the background, and possible value of the gun.

The gun is deffianately on the market now, and all reasonable offers considered.

Cheers Guys

Andy.

Andy

Very interested mate. Have you got any photo's please.

Regards Karl.

The gun is a mass produced 410 SbS and known as

Foreign or Spanish or Belgian being the most popular you can find them on Guntrader and they can fetch from £65 to silly money for a excellent cond one.

I just scrapped one a few month ago as the bores were badly pitted and it was gonna cost more to have them sleeved than it would have cost for a Perrazzi.

Hope the price thing helps :good:

LG

Is This the gun???

432409-big.jpg

If so and it's Clean it can realise from £65 to silly money for a one in Excellent cond

This gun was produced and known under a few names from Belgian - foreign - spanish.

From the description it sounded like this one anyway!!!

LG

looks like the one, but not quite as shiny infortunately.

Guys,

Cheers Guys

Andy.

Here you go

Many Thanks to the Internet Gun Club

Name Modern Arms Co

Other Names Modern Arms Co Ltd

Address 1 133 Fenchurch Street

Address 2 110 Southwark Street

Address 3 Marshallsea Road

Address 4 58 Southwark Bridge Road

Address 5

Address 6

Address 7

City/Town London

County

State/Region/Province

Country United Kingdom

Trade Gun Dealers

Other Address

Dates 1923-1942

Notes

Established in 1923 at 133 Fenchurch Street, the firm bought from the trade in Birmingham and Belgium. In 1924 they moved to 110 Southwark Street, and in 1925 to Marshallsea Road. In 1928 they became a limited liability company ( Modern Arms Co Ltd) and in 1932 moved to 58 Southwark Bridge Road. They were not recorded after 1942.

Other Info

N/A

All the best

WB

P.S its worth what somebody is willing to pay you for it

They are becomming Very collectable 410's that is