kent vellocity rubbish

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that come out shooting with me know I have my "pigeon bag" of shells which is a full mixure of all the shells I use from game to clay ...I personally have not noticed any differance in performance between 36g of 5 to 28g of 7.5...I think its more down to the shooter and where to point the barrel ...

When you say you don't notice any difference, do you just mean you miss with them all the same?

but you must see the diference in knock down power???? all jokes aside but most carts iv used of the same cal and shot size i cant tell but i can definately tell the diference between 5s and say 7.5s not so much close range but definately the medium to longer ranges! the kents just wernt for me. its all in my head but its same with clays i wont use eley firsts as im not keen on them either over time and bad days iv developed a doubt in them. horses for courses snd all that!!

yeah with the kents pal. then switched to eleys (my usual cartridge) and billy the kid was back ha ha ha. i just couldnt get away with the kents. eley's were dropping birds out to 50yards. my shooting pal will second that lol. o honestly have not got a clue y i wasnt killing them stone dead, i was hitting them but they didnt drop like i wanted!

Edited by mr williamson

with the eley i was shooting great but the kents i wasnt. i swapped cartridges from the kents to the eleys in the space of an hours shooting. the rest of the day was brill with some nice high birds folding up in the air and some realy fast targets. this is what im saying. im not saying i dont miss im saying i dont shoot well with those kent velocity cartridges. but i shoot to the standard im at with others

with the eley i was shooting great but the kents i wasnt. i swapped cartridges from the kents to the eleys in the space of an hours shooting. the rest of the day was brill with some nice high birds folding up in the air and some realy fast targets. this is what im saying. im not saying i dont miss im saying i dont shoot well with those kent velocity cartridges. but i shoot to the standard im at with others

Maybe you need someone to help with blind loading... Choose a variety of Kent, Eley, Black Gold or whatever, and shoot some clays without knowing what has been loaded, then look at the results.

Guest cookoff013

Maybe you need someone to help with blind loading... Choose a variety of Kent, Eley, Black Gold or whatever, and shoot some clays without knowing what has been loaded, then look at the results.

yeah,

i used 20 different types once, didnt make the slightest bit of difference. some just shot smoother.