Nightmaster 800 from Taclight

Gimlet

I've been reading the write-up on this gunlamp in sporting Shooter and I'm tempted to get something like it for my .222. Anyone tried one?

I don't do much dedicated foxing with vehicle and lampman but I would do a lot more night work on foot if I had a flashlight lamp that was good. I don't want to move the NV unit from my rimfire and I can't afford to buy another one for the triple.

I've shied away from LED flashlight gunlamps up to now because I like dimmer switches and red filters which really cut the range down with LEDs. A red LED rather than filter sounds more like it, though the beam is apparently very tightly focused with a small pool.

Just wondered how these lamps measure up or what the alternatives are.

I've also read a lot of hype, I've ordered the ir version with an extra red led don't need the white one and cos I got a pulsar n750 I need the extra ir so seemed silly not to buy one, should be here next friday will try and let you know how it goes

Cheers. Yes, keep us posted. Didn't know there was an IR LED for them as well. I'd be interested in that for my N550. I take it the colured and IR LEDs are extra?

Cheers. Yes, keep us posted. Didn't know there was an IR LED for them as well. I'd be interested in that for my N550. I take it the colured and IR LEDs are extra?

yes its one hell of a ir seeing foxes out to 300 plus a bit more with it on a 550 or 750

Had one on test but didn't want to give it back,It was that good

not sure what he will have left as good few on pre order

dont know if this is any good for you boys,have a look in the craft&diy section - modified led torches i have two of these with red and green bulbs and am really pleased with them,and there is an ir led available (page 13).Have a look might be worth a punt

atb dave

• 2 weeks later...

the issue as I see it is its fine having something that bright but foxes will run on it unless they are of the really tame variety, takes a lot to beat a nightforce with a decent dimmer from that respect as its completely variable. But this is a lot lighter to carry which is the big plus I'm undecided but fortunately can spot foxes to 300 with my nv with the built in IR so its not needed, overall they seem a good idea but the ability to dim would be my concern especially on our ground where they do one as soon as you look at them with a bright light

• 2 weeks later...