bad day at work

mikky

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did the extra £17000 come from as when it was dispatched it would have been dispatched at a set value? :no: Me thinks Micky has been celibrating too much :yahoo: .

its to rewrite all the software,all the harddrives were damaged cant retrieve the data,the kit is virtually obsolete,which means we have to get new hardware and software,its to run a command and control centre,apparently no one backed up the data

mikky

I am pleased things worked out ok for you - as they should have done since you did nothing wrong.

Years ago, we used to ship high value items with accelerometers installed in the packaging. It was shocking what these showed at times - exceeding the standards for shock loading equipment on warships!

Nick

If the courier was DPD or Nightfreight im amazed that the container got there in one piece.

See my previous post

"As an addage when I did a bit of work for nightfrieght, I picked up a very large control panel, roughly 7 ft x 4ft by 1ft, I had it strapped securley inside the trailer, got back to the depot, backed on dock, was walking alongside it to enter the building when CRASH, I heard it topple and smash on the floor,

When I got inside, 2 blokes were trying to pick it up, I said " good job it was you two that did that and not me", I never heard anything else about it."

:shaun:

',its to run a command and control centre,apparently no one backed up the data

mikky

Interesting that's an area I want to try and get into cool stuff glad you are not being blamed how did they manage to knacker the drives in transit tho?

Edited by HDAV

Interesting that's an area I want to try and get into cool stuff glad you are not being blamed how did they manage to knacker the drives in transit tho?

the steel outer cases were bent and the handles smashed off and the drives had been ripped off the brackets ,it must have taken some force...if i had hit them with an iron bar for a couple of minutes the outcome would be similar

mikky

cant believe it....got asked to pack 3 similar items today...value only 6k.....so i got my boss,his boss and one of the directors to come down and watch me parcel it,identical to the last lot....everyone quite happy until i asked each of them for their signatures on the dispatch note to say everything was ok......didnt get one........apparently it doesnt matter if it gets broken cos we have insurance....

mikky

its to rewrite all the software,all the harddrives were damaged cant retrieve the data,the kit is virtually obsolete,which means we have to get new hardware and software,its to run a command and control centre,apparently no one backed up the data

Depends on the value of the data, but has your boss thought about using a professional drive disaster recovery company.

Not cheap at all, but they may be able to save the important data!