DM80 Mod

station

I've got one on my .223 and they are ok but there are in my opinion better out there. My wildcat is easier to clean but heavier a bit depends what caliber its going on and how much weight is an issue. The wildcat is nice on my finnlight as it balances it up nicely when on sticks

You will not go far wrong by contacting Dave directly through the contact details that Archie1234 (Richie) will give you.

Dave is a great bloke to deal with, his work (In my opinion) is second to none and he builds faultless moderators which are really good value for money!

I too have his contact details if ned be.

You will not go far wrong by contacting Dave directly through the contact details that Archie1234 (Richie) will give you.

Dave is a great bloke to deal with, his work (In my opinion) is second to none and he builds faultless moderators which are really good value for money!

I have emailed him my requirements so hopefully all sorted - cheers and good to hear from another of his very satisfied customers :good:

I always prefer to deal with people and companies that others recommend.

:good: +1

Hi All,

After some info on DM80 moderators -

Who stocks and sells them (ideally Cheshire or near to as possible) ?

Does Dave Mercer have a website ?

Many thanks for any help.

ATB

The main outlet/distributor is now john knibbs international or direct from me their is also a new range of moderators DM80S4 RF and DM80S4 CF.

Dave.

What,s the differance between DM80 MRK 3 CF and THE DM80S4 CF

the DM80S4 CF looks a bit different and overall is better looking cosmetically, its also slightly smaller and lighter than the MK3 CF this is down to the S4's unique new baffle system which is very efficient,

the MK3 CF mod was a good mod but the S4 overall is smaller lighter and a better performer it also comes in a compact version which will cater for cals upto .243/6mm this version only weighs around 450g the fullsize unit comes in at aroung 550g depending on cal etc.

Dave.

Just another silly question would a 243 mod work on a 22:250 or would I need 2 separate mods

as a rule all mods that i make are cal specific ie .22 would have an exit hole of 6.5mm and .243/6mm exit hole would be 7mm i always make mods exit thru hole 1mm oversize of the cal etc but if a customer wants a universal mod its no problem it can be done.

dave.

Well after a couple of emails to finalise the spec i have ordered my moddy today.

Also having an additional delrin rear bush so i can fit it to 2 rifles with different diameter barrels.

Payment sent today and the turnaround should be 2 weeks.

Really good guy to deal with so far so hoping to report back positively when it's ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Update -

Well, Dave emailed me to say my moddy was ready last weekend so just over a week from order.

I collected it Tuesday this week and put it through it's paces Wednesday evening.

All I can say is 'WOW' - it ooozes quality, the finish is superb and attention to detail is first class. I had asked him to make it slightly different so it looks more like a barrel shroud and he did it exactly as I wanted it.

As for performance then again superb and noticeably quieter than my Sak - this was confirmed by 2 other shooters as well.

Also, I found out after seeing his cracking little workshop that he does repairs etc so he is chopping a barrel and re-threading it for me in a couple of weeks time.

I like to give praise where it is deserved and I would recommend Dave Mercer to anyone seeking a moderator in standard form, or something a little different.

Last thing to say is a massive thanks to the PW members that pointed me to Dave after their positive experiences.

Cheers to all.

• 2 weeks later...