Big cat

henry d

one of my cats is as big as that

he dosent look so amazing at the moment as he is not in a good way (very ill and underweight), but if you look back to one of the other pictures in the dog topic, then you will see that he pretty much fills a bath when lieing out.

That could quite easily be just a larger than average cat.

Yeah does just look like a big, normal cat. However i do remember seeing wild cats in scotland when i used to go up their often. I wouldnt of thought a dangerous big cat would of had much white on it, unless its a hybrid.

Good shot anyway, seen one around my pheasent pens the other night, shame its a pet one.

Alex

Henry,

I had a big old Tom like that, that use to rule the barns and about 4miles around the farm for that matter :yp: .

He was huge weighing in at 36 pounds of solid muscle and there was not another Tom or dog safe from him in his territory. As a matter of fact the kittens on all the farms in the area had a striking resembalance to him :good: .

He was an excellant ratter and mouser and on the odd occasion that he took a rabbit he always brought it up to the house door and left it on the step for me....at least I like to think it was for me :/ . He lived to be 12 years old and was more battle scar than anything else when he finally just left one day never to return.

I have heard rumors that there were sightings of the Scottish Wildcat last year, are many of them still seen or are they another of our wanted big cats. I cant remember their name can someone help me out?

NTTF

What do you mean 'easy to fool people'?

If anyone on this forum could even begin to think that was anything but a large domestic cat then they need their eyes checked as well as their brain. As it stands no-one who replied to this thread said it was anything other than a big pussycat, so no offence but your 'point' is null and void

why was it shot?

SS

It was,along with what we now know to be 2 others,killing wild ducklings and pheasant poults.If they were just about the steading killing rats/squirrels/rabbits then it would be all fine and dandy,however the farmer wants rid of them,so they are gone or going.