Salrowbra Gundogs

fergie

I am looking at getting a pup from Salrowbra Gundogs the Sire will be

Salrowbra Royal Eagle (Teal) DNA tested ,Clear from Fucoisidosis and Cord1 - PRA

The Dame Will be a dog called Ella iam awaiting extra details on her I have Pictures of Both of them and they are marked very much the same the pups will be docked and dewclared

Anyone have any extra information good or bad

this will be my 1st Gundog

http://www.salrowbragundogs.co.uk/gundog%20puppies%20for%20sale.htm

The price is £450

he has one litter due frm a different bitch I have a picture of both the bitches he is going to use the second the one I am intrested in is yet to be added to the website,

I have emailed him and asked for the relivent information regaurding the dame

As for the FTC or FTW I don't know all I know is that they both work and at this time I am not bothered about entering trials (yet)

The pedigree is there to be seen for the sire

The price is £450

he has one litter due frm a different bitch I have a picture of both the bitches he is going to use the second the one I am intrested in is yet to be added to the website,

I have emailed him and asked for the relivent information regaurding the dame

As for the FTC or FTW I don't know all I know is that they both work and at this time I am not bothered about entering trials (yet)

The pedigree is there to be seen for the sire

If you dont know if the sire is a ftch or ftw why are you going to that litter for a pup?

The guy lives near me and I've spoke to him a couple of times a couple of years ago. Never seen his dogs work but they all seem to do well when he's excercising them with no issues, likewise not heard anything negative about him, and if there was anything untoward I'd have expected to hear it by now.

If you dont know if the sire is a ftch or ftw why are you going to that litter for a pup?

why does a dog have to be ftch or ftw there are plenty of good working dogs out there that are not ftch/ ftw

Below is the reply I got back regarding Ella it seems I was mistaken about the sire

Ella is DNA tested clear for fucosidosis and pra cord 1 she has a clear eye pass for 18/08/2012 she will be going with Fen eye tested clear 18/08/2012 is also DNA tested clear for fucosidosis

but does carry the mutant gene for pra cord 1 wich means in essance that none of the pups can have fucosidosis as they will be hereditarily clear however because fen carries cord 1 then 25% of the pups will also carry cord 1 though all this means is they carry the mutant gene they need both parts of the gene to be effected so none of the pups will have the disease,

She should be about two years old when she has her first litter she is due in season in the next month or so, Fen is used every week of the shooting season and is very biddable and steady Ella a bit more lively but should be no problem any more questions please feel free to ask.

why does a dog have to be ftch or ftw there are plenty of good working dogs out there that are not ftch/ ftw

Below is the reply I got back regarding Ella it seems I was mistaken about the sire

Ella is DNA tested clear for fucosidosis and pra cord 1 she has a clear eye pass for 18/08/2012 she will be going with Fen eye tested clear 18/08/2012 is also DNA tested clear for fucosidosis

but does carry the mutant gene for pra cord 1 wich means in essance that none of the pups can have fucosidosis as they will be hereditarily clear however because fen carries cord 1 then 25% of the pups will also carry cord 1 though all this means is they carry the mutant gene they need both parts of the gene to be effected so none of the pups will have the disease,

She should be about two years old when she has her first litter she is due in season in the next month or so, Fen is used every week of the shooting season and is very biddable and steady Ella a bit more lively but should be no problem any more questions please feel free to ask.

I never said it did matter did i?. I asked the guy why he had chosen that litter when the dogs pedigree was clearly not a concern. £450 for a pup out of shooting stuff just seems a bit rich to me Edited by cocker boy

I am looking at getting a pup from Salrowbra Gundogs the Sire will be

Salrowbra Royal Eagle (Teal) DNA tested ,Clear from Fucoisidosis and Cord1 - PRA

The Dame Will be a dog called Ella iam awaiting extra details on her I have Pictures of Both of them and they are marked very much the same the pups will be docked and dewclared

Anyone have any extra information good or bad

this will be my 1st Gundog

http://www.salrowbra...es for sale.htm

Teal was sired by my Open FTW dog, Jez and Julie are nice people, all of their dogs are worked hard during the season.

If you want to know anything about the Sire's lines then give me a shout.

Mike