Fox stumble on the stubble 2

Dougy

Well another one to the cheap fox call, Same as the other night, caller out on a bail 100yds into the field, on with my play list 1 and shuffle that gives me an hour of- silence rabbits squeals and the odd rodent squeals and the odd minutes of silence here and there. Again not long before i see a pair of eyes, a little high i thought for a fox at least 6ft in the air, thats a bloody big fox :drool: first though it was a Barn owl as there are a few about perched on a bail, checked through the scope wound the mag up a tad, lamp straight on, Blast :sneaky2: its a fox sitting quite happy on the bail,i clocked it jump off, but lost it between the bails somewere for a few moments then it appeared again, heading towards the call. Trying to get a shot on both of the last foxs in this field was like Boar shooting in the woods Croatia style only Fox.

Fox----Bail-----Fox------Bail------Bail-------Fox, the caller stopped for a minutes silence so the did the fox,just long enough-------- 195yds another one in the bag.

In total thats 7 in only 2 weeks from only 2 fields of about 20acres all using the "cheap" ipod caller and not had to wait for too long for a response, max i thing was about 1/2 an hour :good:

post-2987-0-33359900-1347466634_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dougy

U mention above "cheap Fox call" This wouldn`t be one of my Fox Call CD`s i sell on an auction site cheaply would it?

Good Shooting any how M8 - I too have shot 6 in 2 weeks with the combining and NV Pulsar N550 off the same field / area.

Sorry no, it was cheaper than your cheap "Fox Call CD's" that your selling.

good do that pal.is that a sako with a new barrel on, my 22.250 wants doing soon,

Yes i got it back from Steve Kershaw back in September 2010 but only really started sorting loads for it early this year so not had chance to use it much. I am now waiting for one to come back from

"Brock & Norris" in the next 2 weeks see if there is any noticeable difference, but then i suppose that will be down to my input more than anything :yes:

Dougy

Whats the bit of foam on the barrel ???

Its not foam silly :rolleyes: Its a scrunch (i think thats what there called) it for my hair, i tie it up in a bun cus it gets in the way when out lamping, and i put it on the barrel to keep safe. B)

It was a tip of "Sir" Robert Bucknell to stop scope glare from the mod, and it works too :thumbs:

that should be bang pal.does the 250 shoot better groups now,than it did with the standard sako barrel

Yes i got it back from Steve Kershaw back in September 2010 but only really started sorting loads for it early this year so not had chance to use it much. I am now waiting for one to come back from

"Brock & Norris" in the next 2 weeks see if there is any noticeable difference, but then i suppose that will be down to my input more than anything :yes:

Simon it shot pretty well before, but started to go down the pan after around 3000 shots possibly more (new toy and all that) its longer than the standard so a tad heavier too, if i played around with loads more it may improve, but saying that i tried it at 405 yds and was putting around 2inch groups on paper. To be honest you can try and reach perfection and spend more time shooting paper and developing loads than actually using the rifle what it was for in the first place. I am happy with the results with this rifle so that will do me now. If it get a re barrel i may change cal for something simalar to yours.