fishing

cockercas

i beleive the angler in you never dies[so to speak]. i have spent the last ten years pike fishing. two years ago i got back into shooting. the fishing gear is now covered in dust but i won't part with as i know the bug will come back, i'm sure it is the same with shooting if you have had a passion for it at some point, it will no doubt return as things in life change. i can understand the change of heart and lack of enthusiasm for the shooting at the moment, but i don't understand the change of emotion towards your quarry. having said that i have yet to shoot as many fox's / animals as you.

Kent, you will find I'm completely the opposite of what you described. I never took up shooting, granddad a game keeper, dad shoots so I just fell into it. Nor am I a photo hunter. I don't fish muddy puddles and target the fish nobody else can catch.

How could i be describing you i don't know you more than your post history, its just a statement on what i have found over the years. Photo hunters exist on all sorts of waters for all sorts of fish- worldwide!

Of course you took up shooting though, I have read your posts. Did i not take up fishing because practically every male member of my family fished? dogs? Guns? ferrets? etc. dont tell us you were forced into it please

I never said you described me, I just said I was the complete opposite of what you had described. You could argue in an empty room.

No I wasent forced into it. But seen as I have pulled the trigger since I was strong enough to do so. I was hardly going to take up badminton was I?

I carnt put the rifle away just yet. A fox has had 6 chickens today.

I never said you described me, I just said I was the complete opposite of what you had described. You could argue in an empty room.

No I wasent forced into it. But seen as I have pulled the trigger since I was strong enough to do so. I was hardly going to take up badminton was I?

I carnt put the rifle away just yet. A fox has had 6 chickens today.

obviously 6-7 times a week aint having the desired effect

This will be the first year in the last twenty or so that I have not been fishing at least once, although for about the last five years I have only gone two or three times a season, hardly worth buying a license.

My shooting has changed over the years, I used to drive about looking for pigeons and go knocking on spec, with a great deal of success, now I have had the decoys out but once this season. I would say that deer stalking has now taken over as my main spring/summer activity. I still do quite alot of foeshore wildfowling over the season, but inland wildfowl shooting has never interested me at all. All in all I pull the trigger now far less than I used to when I used to shoot pigeons regularily. I do know now though that I spend a quite frightening amount of money on it all compared to my old pigeon and rabbiting days!

Anyway, good luck with whatever you chose to do, we are in a good area for both.

ps can I have your permissions!?! LOL.