Andrew Litt (Litts, Newport)

steve_b_wales

• 3 years later...

Old thread I know but have to agree with Steve B and others.He (Andrew) was a total ***** who just played the numbers game.I remember being in the shop and being totally ignored when Gareth Edwards the legendary rugby player(Also very capable shot and angler!) walked in.The change in Andrew was embarassingly sychophantic and made one feel like throwing up!Hes obviously out and about now ,don't think he can deal guns anymore as a convicted criminal?Lets hope so!

Edited by fallowbuck

Sadly, I have found that most of the staff at Sportsman Gun Centre Newport, are reverting back to the old LITTS ways, by ignoring you or showing no interest when you walk through the door.

If there's something I want, I'll phone their Exeter store, (far better staff) order online and pay the £6.00 delivery charge.

Sadly, I have found that most of the staff at Sportsman Gun Centre Newport, are reverting back to the old LITTS ways, by ignoring you or showing no interest when you walk through the door.

If there's something I want, I'll phone their Exeter store, (far better staff) order online and pay the £6.00 delivery charge.

Absolutely agree bloody ignorant were better for a while but reverted back to form!I must say Shaun is quite helpful and approachable to be fair though.

Absolutely agree bloody ignorant were better for a while but reverted back to form!I must say Shaun is quite helpful and approachable to be fair though.

Another one is Nigel, who is not one of the 'original Litt gang'. Nigel is from my neck of the woods, and is always pleasant to talk too, either in person or by telephone.

poontang,

don't be facetious.

I am talking about Barristers, Lawyers, Witnesses expenses, investigating officers time and overtime.

This is why the CPS drop so many cases or do a trade for a guilty plea, its not about justice its about cost at the end of the day. Its also why so many fraud cases never come to trial. From the lightness of the sentence I would think a few 'private meetings' were held off the record before the trial and a deal struck.

Key words "Andrew Litt admitted two counts of........." Only two you notice, probably closer to two hundred in reality. He pleads guilty and, in return, spends 16 months in an open prison, The CPS get a conviction on their score sheet, and the investors get nothing. It was a done deal, the outcome had been agreed before the trial even started. He pleaded guilty to a token charge of only two counts.

Its hardly justice is it?

In America he would have got 30 years in an orange jump suit

Edited by Vince Green

This is why the CPS drop so many cases or do a trade for a guilty plea, its not about justice its about cost at the end of the day. Its also why so many fraud cases never come to trial. From the lightness of the sentence I would think a few 'private meetings' were held off the record before the trial and a deal struck.

Yes Litty would have known alot of influential people anyway through shooting connections at the shop.He ruined it but what about others like Cark Erickson?They weren't involved at all--hard to believe?Old Don would be turning in his Grave at what happened to the business! Edited by fallowbuck

I totally agree with what Steve has said.

Andrew Litt was nice to me when i first introduced myself as a Customer.

After spending an awful lot of money myself at the store i eventually found that he had no time whatsover for me and was only interested in people with Tweed Jackets,a stupid oity toity voice and a Merc in the Car Park!!

I'm the same as Steve i have no pleasure in knowing he is in Prison but if you get on the wrong side of the Law and supposedly £60m in Fraud then your not gonna get sympathy from anyone!

Old thread I know but have to agree with Steve B and others.He (Andrew) was a total ***** who just played the numbers game.I remember being in the shop and being totally ignored when Gareth Edwards the legendary rugby player(Also very capable shot and angler!) walked in.The change in Andrew was embarassingly sychophantic and made one feel like throwing up!Hes obviously out and about now ,don't think he can deal guns anymore as a convicted criminal?Lets hope so!

Simple he was sucking up to those who had money in the hope they would be investors in his fantasy shotgun game.

The great thing is that after the fraud conviction, he cannot fall back on being an accountant as they will have removed his qualifications, so no alternative career when he has finished his stretch,,,,

Edited by secretagentmole

I did not know the shop when it was Litts but as SGC it is next to useless IMHO simply because of the bad attitude by the staff. Every time I visited I got ignored or when actually being served the staff will interrupt me by taking all phone calls and any of their regular customers will just get served in the middle of dealing with me. So I've made my last visit to the Newport store now. The SGC Exeter is far better.