when should i send off for my sgc renewal?`

elmar fudd

You will get a reminder sent nearer the time with the renewal forms, but you'll only get one reminder, they will roughly say what turn around time is and prob issue you with a temp cert to buy cart's etc and to possess shotguns, I would just forget about renewing it until your forms arrive reminding you.

I've just done my SGC renewal with Staffs, they sent the forms out about 12 weeks before my certificate was due to expire, my new certificate landed on my mat the day before my old one expired. Speaking to them in the office, providing you are prompt returning the paperwork once they have sent it out to you, they will have you new certificate with you a few days before your old one expires.

Very happy with their service - my last variation took 3 days from posting to being back on the mat.

Mike

The way Northumbria have been doing it lately is

Send you a reminder saying turn around time is 10 weeks,

Providing you have your paperwork in BEFORE the 10 weeks start you will be ok,

however if you leave it until after 10 weeks then if your cert runs out then you have to hand your guns in to be looked after either by a firearms dealer or a friend who is willing.

Now here is the daft bit,

I have done this twice for friends, both times I have rang the firearms dept asking if they should be on my certificate, both times (2 different Feo's) have said no, its ok to have them whilst their certificate is being renewed in my possession without them being on my cert.

I have sent emails to them pointing out what is going on and referring them to the phonecalls I made and the name of those involved and up to now never had a problem

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860