MTV the Valleys!

TGEvans

Dont know if any of you guys saw this. Besides it being really bad TV there was something that happened on it that really made me quite angry. One of the girls fathers made a statement along the lines of " anyone goes near my daughter and they will have me to deal with!" Next clip was of him showing off his shotguns in the back garden. Not a very good advert! Anybody know where he would stand if it got picked up? T

Not seen it myself but one of my work mates told me about it saying that one of the women that used to work in the office was on it. I was there once when she was having an argument with one of the tradesmen and told him something along the lines of 'my husband owns guns and if you carry on I'll get him to pay you a visit and sort you out'. She was a wild one!.

this isnt usually my type of program but as theres so many locals in it i thought id give it a look... the whole program is an embarrasment for us welsh... i couldnt believe what i was seeing.. absolutly bloody shocking!

the guy you speak of and his daughter jenna both live in my village (tonyrefail). i dont know her dad but i know of him and from what ive been told he probably would use a gun on someone if the messed with his daughter.. anyway from watching episode one this week i think id be more scared of her mother!

Caught a bit of it last night and too right it's an embarrassment to us Welsh. I've lived in the valleys all my life and don't know anyone who talks, acts or looks like any of them. It seems they've trawled the valleys to find the most Chav blokes and stuck them in a house with a load of slappers to give the impression that they are typical of valley people.

I seen it don't no how he got a sgc sound like he had brain damage or sum thing....

The irony is strong in this one.

Anyhow…

It’s car crash TV.

Edited and cut together to amuse chavs and outrage normal folk.

The Dad was no doubt asked to do the gun thing as it makes for ‘good’ tv.

The kids in the house know that the more outrageous they are the more screen time they get.

And the more screen time they get the more chance they have of getting some sponsorship or book deals.

Just look at Jade Goody – she ended up having a few million in the bank for a short career being a stereotypical slapper.

Those who are interested in these shows want the extreme behaviour – either to enjoy it or to be offended by it and to write angry letters to Points of View.

I really couldn’t imagine anyone being interested in a reality TV show of a dozen perfectly nice young people going to Uni, playing scrabble, drinking a few pints and reading facebook.

I don’t watch the shows myself.

But as I understand in the first big brother was an interesting investigation as to how a dozen random strangers get along – and they did for the most part.

By the second or third series it was relatively interesting from a anthopoligical point of view – but it wasn’t really entertaining TV for anyone.

That’s when they changed tack, and instead of keeping the freaks out of the house they decided to start putting them into the house, and started manufacturing conflict.

Then it stopped being a fly-on-the-wall lifestyle show and turned into a voyeuristic freakshow.

I don’t watch the shows myself.

But as I understand in the first big brother was an interesting investigation as to how a dozen random strangers get along – and they did for the most part.

By the second or third series it was relatively interesting from a anthopoligical point of view – but it wasn’t really entertaining TV for anyone.

That’s when they changed tack, and instead of keeping the freaks out of the house they decided to start putting them into the house, and started manufacturing conflict.

Then it stopped being a fly-on-the-wall lifestyle show and turned into a voyeuristic freakshow.

I would agree with your comment regarding the first series of Big Brother - they where game show contestants competing for £70K. They where shocked when they left the house to discover how popular they where!

By series 2 everyone there wanted the fame and the media career that the show would bring them ! and the freakshow started.