Air Cylinder

steve_b_wales

hi steve, yes the test date runs from the date of manufacture. 5 years for dry clinders and i think 3 years for ones used in water. the date of manufacture is normally stamped onto the shoulder of the cylinder. it does not always look like a date but usualy refers to a month and date of the said year. when they are re tested a sticker will replace the stamp with a new date.

hi steve, yes the test date runs from the date of manufacture. 5 years for dry clinders and i think 3 years for ones used in water. the date of manufacture is normally stamped onto the shoulder of the cylinder. it does not always look like a date but usualy refers to a month and date of the said year. when they are re tested a sticker will replace the stamp with a new date.

As aga man says its from the date of manufacture, around here the bottles I have seen have the re-tested date stamped on to the bottle. What you have to watch is the carbon fibre bottles have a 15 year life from date of manufacture, not as some on the bay say 15 years from the first test.

Many thanks to you both. I've noticed numbers stamped on the bottle's shoulder,so will have a look to see what they say.

Steve.

Steve

Gas cylinders are my business.

If you struggle to desypher the various numbers stamped on the cylinders feel free to send me some pictures and I'll sort it for you.

webber

Hi webber. Thanks for the offer mate, but I managed to get some numbers off the cylinder, and then emailed them to the manufacturer, who then emailed me back with the info' I needed.

Steve.