suffolk police

pintail

im now about to renew my SGC and have been told that you fill the renewal form in and have to wait from the FAO to get in contact with you before sending the form in to the police, any one else had to do this on renewal recently ? as you just used to fill the form in and send it away, cheers.

While some of these new ideas may in fact simplify renewals it seems the Police have decided they are now able to rewrite Law to suit their own agendas.

If the requirements of a prescribed form can be altered at a whim, is it any wonder there are so many threads full of bull about what FEO's decide is legal or not?

The bottom line is that a large number of Firearms Licensing Offices have allowed themselves to get massively behind on renewals, grants and variations. It seems apparent that those who are furthest behind are also the ones with ridiculous dreamt up conditions, mentoring requirments and fantasy land ideas from FEO's making it up as they go along.

The definitive document is "The Guidance".

These new procedures could be of benefit if properly and reasonably applied, but I would not be holding my breath.

what it does is let them check the form in your presence and make any changes that might be necessary at the time, as well as stopping any issues of applications lost in the post etc seems perfectly reasonable as long as they process them swiftly afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Had visit from FEO on friday 5th October, for my shotgun renewal, arrived in the post yesterday. WELL DONE. Suffolk Police.

Norfolk/Suffolk are usually very efficient me nor my friends have ever had any complaints only compliments keep up the good work Norfolk/Suffolk FLD

• 1 month later...