CZ help

^mimic^

It's an internet thing Kirky, as soon as someone types 'CZ' someone else automatically types 'Brookes Trigger Kit' :blink:

Some need the 'kit' (actually 4 softer springs and some bits of tubing you can't normally use) and some don't, as they are mass produced you get good one and bad one.

Mine needed a different spring as I like a light trigger, but I know at least 2 others that shot fine out of the box, just needed backing off a bit, nothing more.

fancey triggers etc do all you guys need excuses for bad shooting

i find my 17 cz the dogs wotits as standard and cant miss well not often anyway wots all the patter about ?

I think you're right. I've had my cz about five weeks and I've topped a hundred bunnies with it. At first I could notice the trigger, now, I treat that little bit of creep as another stage and take up the slack before the final focus on the aiming point. It's very predictable and the rabbit goes down time after time after time. I love mine, and for £230 its a snip.

czyo0.jpg

how much do the Brookes kits go for ?

@ £12

I never actually bought one, due to the fact that I had some brass tube from a left-over model. Took a couple of turns of the trigger spring…and hey presto a better trigger than my Sako. The CZ is also almost half the price of the Sako and has all steel parts including the trigger guard and the magazine.

They are plastic on the Sako and do make the more expensive rifle feel a bit tacky, but this is balanced up by the better stock which has proper cast on the butt and also has a nicely shaped cheek-piece. You could argue that the Sako has a better made barrel than the CZ, but at normal .22ranges this is pretty hard to differentiate.

The only thing about the Sako is that it comes up to the aim very naturally and it’s a shame that CZ don’t do this as it wouldn’t be any more expensive to offer a more ergonomically shaped bit of wood.

Very well made rifles though. :blink:

G.M.

how much do the Brookes kits go for ?

@ £12

I never actually bought one, due to the fact that I had some brass tube from a left-over model. Took a couple of turns of the trigger spring…and hey presto a better trigger than my Sako. The CZ is also almost half the price of the Sako and has all steel parts including the trigger guard and the magazine.

They are plastic on the Sako and do make the more expensive rifle feel a bit tacky, but this is balanced up by the better stock which has proper cast on the butt and also has a nicely shaped cheek-piece. You could argue that the Sako has a better made barrel than the CZ, but at normal .22ranges this is pretty hard to differentiate.

The only thing about the Sako is that it comes up to the aim very naturally and it’s a shame that CZ don’t do this as it wouldn’t be any more expensive to offer a more ergonomically shaped bit of wood.

Very well made rifles though. :blink:

G.M.

Personaly i prefer the sako as it can be upgraded to WMR and with the option of HMR aswell , not to mention a nicer peace of platic for the stock and IMO a nicer looking bolt, I know where my moneys going :drinks:

Personaly i prefer the sako as it can be upgraded to WMR and with the option of HMR aswell , not to mention a nicer peace of platic for the stock and IMO a nicer looking bolt, I know where my moneys going :drinks:

No you can’t, as the magazine and the trigger guard “well†isn’t big enough to take the HMR or the WMR magazine/cartridges.

The only other cartridge that you could convert the .22rf to is the .17 Mach 2, which is basically a waste of time and money.

After all why have a .17 that delivers @ 25% less velocity when it’s that velocity that makes the .17hmr the rifle it is. :blink: Perhaps you are getting muxed ip with the Sako Quad.

G.M.

Brookie kits on both my .22LR Style & .17hmr Varmint

this small job transformed both rifles

cheers

AndyCM

Certainly worth thinking about. I looked at them on the web.

Is it true that you invalidate the warranty by fitting them?

Is it easy to do?

Hi Evilv,

No idea about warranty, I just wanted a tight grouping gun so fitted a kit.

It is reasonably easy to do, if you do a search on here it has been covered a few times - some good links too.

Cheers

AndyCM

http://cz452.com/springkit.html

It's fairly easy if you take your time, if you are in ANY doubt get a smithy to do it.

You do need a good quality thin pin punch though, that is essential.

When I fitted even the thinnest tube my gun ND'd as soon as it was loaded - not very clever.

I binned the tube and just went with the softer spring.

If you are happy with your gun I wouldn't bother messing about with it.

Personaly i prefer the sako as it can be upgraded to WMR and with the option of HMR aswell , not to mention a nicer peace of platic for the stock and IMO a nicer looking bolt, I know where my moneys going :no:

No you can’t, as the magazine and the trigger guard “well†isn’t big enough to take the HMR or the WMR magazine/cartridges.

The only other cartridge that you could convert the .22rf to is the .17 Mach 2, which is basically a waste of time and money.

After all why have a .17 that delivers @ 25% less velocity when it’s that velocity that makes the .17hmr the rifle it is. :blink: Perhaps you are getting muxed ip with the Sako Quad.

G.M.

its The Sako Quad i was refering too..... Not the CZ "personaly i prefer the sako". Sorry I should have made the refference to Quad more clearly :drinks:

StuartP and AndyCM - thanks for the info. I'll think about it. I'm just waiting for a new more powerful scope I bought from Caplock to arrive. my old one is only a 4x32 and I felt a bit undermagnified at 65 - 75 yards. My groups are ok at about 50 - around an inch, but my airrifle is better at the same range and has a better trigger. The trigger may be the issue (as far as there is one) but I'll know better when I can be more consistent with placing the cross with a better scope. ..... We'll see in a few days maybe if the wind drops a bit.