Where can I get a stock sprayed piano gloss black?

Mungler

There is a guy who is a stocker who works over at braintree called Jim Spalding. He is the finest craftsman you will ever find when it comes to finishing or altering stocks.

If you like I will introduce you to him, he has been a friend for more years than I can remember.

If you want a painted finish I know a very good wood finisher, what with me being in the trade so to speak.

Whats with the Perazzi you tart? Blaser not good enough for you or are you not good enough for the Blaser?

There is a guy who is a stocker who works over at braintree called Jim Spalding. He is the finest craftsman you will ever find when it comes to finishing or altering stocks.

If you like I will introduce you to him, he has been a friend for more years than I can remember.

If you want a painted finish I know a very good wood finisher, what with me being in the trade so to speak.

Whats with the Perazzi you tart? Blaser not good enough for you or are you not good enough for the Blaser?

Martin,

That would be very nice of you, on all accounts. I would be interested to see what the wooden stock on ebay goes for - if it doesn't go for silly money then I will have a bid. If I get it, I will need a matching forend, and if I don't get it, then I will be looking at a refurb and spray up.

I am afraid I am a sucker for a bargain and it was a very cheap MX8 - I still have the Blaser and now will never part with it.

Andy

that weird set of barrels there is simply a set of barrels with new inners for them, in different gauges.

So you could put 410 inners in, so your perazzi is now a 410

Briley make a similar product to fit the standard barrels on most guns.

It's a bit niche really isn't it and it's loads of money - which might explain why he hasn't made a sale.

I might send him a cheeky low ball offer and see what he says. I am just interested in the barrel really.

skeet :/

i hate skeet :good:

And its easy to see why....

The targets will be shot at in the following sequences:

Station 1 Two (2) singles and a double

Station 2 Two (2) singles and a double

Station 3 Two (2) singles

Station 4 Two (2) singles and a double (the shooter must nominate the first target of the double to be shot at).

Station 5 Two (2) singles

Station 6 Two (2) singles and a double

Station 7 Two (2) singles and a double

Optional or repeat target - first target missed or a single from either High or Low station 7.

This shall be scored as the twenty fifth shot.

yeh i find understanding it comparatively easy to shooting it :good:

come on Nick, i cant beleive you dont practice skeet, its one of the easiest for keeping your eye in , just remember keep the "wood on the wood" :/:lol::D

as to those tubes, they were a quick (and cheaper ) change over for the 4 gauge skeet dicipline .410 ,28g ,20g, 12g , that will make a man out of you ,try hitting a pair of int birds at station 4 with the 410, they break..........just , i have a Miroku 4 barrel set that i shoot all skeet diciplines with, but i do favour the 28g with that gun set, otherwise just hit the bird boys, skeet is a great training ground for shooters of all calibre's .

Mungler, isnt that mx8 set for skeet with the tula choke in the muzzles, wont you find it harder shooting dtl maybe to much spread, looser pattern ? im sure its a skeet setup as was mine, just curious.

Martin

yeh i find understanding it comparatively easy to shooting it :good:

Mungler, isnt that mx8 set for skeet with the tula choke in the muzzles, wont you find it harder shooting dtl maybe to much spread, looser pattern ? im sure its a skeet setup as was mine, just curious.

Martin

Yes, you have a keen eye, its a skeet and skeet jobby and a 27" barrel.

The Blaser's coming out to play as well for DTL and ESP.

Can't wait. The sun was out today and I was going to "walk the course" over at Braintree, but too much work on! Maybe tomorrow eh?

good luck Mungler, have a great time shooting, you sound a little like me, have shells will travel ;):) , love my clay shooting to bits, it seems the only time im happy is when i load up the truck with all my guns as many shells as possible and off we go, i aslo like to intro new peeps to the sport, i hold a few schools over the year, some with clients and customers, its a great change from the regular "18 holes" lark, i've not yet had anyone say they didnt enjoy and wont do it again, you gotta have fun right :good::/

let me know how that mx8 works out buddy .

Martin