Where can I get a stock sprayed piano gloss black?

Mungler

Okay, I have a request out to Martin (the last engineer) as I admired a couple of his guns which had a piano black gloss finish.

Does anyone know where I could get a stock stripped, sprayed and finished piano black? (I am guessing this requires spray, laquer and multiple coats - not a tin of gloss Dulux and a quick brush on)

The story is I have been offered a cheap perazzi with very bad wood - it has been dipped - a long story, but there we go.

Andy

It's a sub £1k Perazzi MX8 skeet gun and it would be a shame not to do it justice.

Mungs..............a friend of mine does rifle stocks...........Oil finishing......He was working on the daystate stand this weekend.

He can make them look BEAUTIFUL...................let me know if you want details.

It's a sub £1k Perazzi MX8 skeet gun and it would be a shame not to do it justice.

Mungs..............a friend of mine does rifle stocks...........Oil finishing......He was working on the daystate stand this weekend.

He can make them look BEAUTIFUL...................let me know if you want details.

Alas no, this one was heat damaged (or something like it so the story goes) hence the dipping treatment. If the wood is screwed I reckon a black gloss finish is the way to go. It was this that I stole the idea from - photo of last engineer, half way down the page.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...pic=3465&st=255

talk to the lads at essex gun, they like their painted stocks and can probably give you a number for someone who will do you your own paint scheme.

Alternatively you could just use car body filler, sand it, prime it, spray and laquer it. Look on Rimfirecentral.com (in the 10/22 stocks section) for advice on doing this sort of thing.

I have picked the gun up and will try and post piccies later today. It's a bit of a "fixer upper" and a project to come.

The current plan is to see if I can pick up an extra set of barrels from the states 28" upwards given the lovely strong pound.

Will keep you all posted.

For those coming on Saturday you are welcome to a stroke, and of course a quick look at my new MX8 etc

the old tula choke muzzle eh, the first mx8 i shot ran them, i shot rather well with it so i guess they worked,

from the russian tula armoury, a son of a bitch to clean though :blink: was supposed to spread the pattern to its fullest effect on a skeet field.

Martin

and your right the finish sucks mate ,,,,sorry fix it quick

Look at this - god bless ebay.

The next question is where or how can I get my hands on a matching forend?

This could turn out nicely...

Nice lump of wood:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Perazzi-MX8-premium-...1QQcmdZViewItem

A bit orthapedic for my liking:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Perazzi-MX8-precisio...1QQcmdZViewItem

And what the hell is this all about? (as an aside):

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERAZZI-SKEET-BARREL-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

Answers on a postcard....

Mung