Home Made Camo Net

Tyke

Another Yorkshireman presumably ? Bloody good...we're taking over the Forum.

As regards camo netting my theory is if it works for you by blending into the natural vegetation and hides your movement it should work.

Like a true Yorkshireman I see you are using old garments etc and not paying for a new camo net ! :lol::lol::lol:

Tyke,

I sorted out my decoys before the days of flocking and have no experience of this kind of decoy.

But I did paint mine with masonry paint and they came up superbly. If you search the forum you will find plenty of discussion on the merits of flocking and how to make the masonry paint work.

By the way when I went to buy the masonry paint I went to a paint shop that I knew made up the exact colour you required. The chap who served me was very helpful when he asked me what shade I wanted and what it was for. I asked him if was squeamish. He said he wasn't so I then produced my carrier bag complete with a dead pigeon inside that I had shot the day before. I said ,"That colour "

His face was a picture and I was the talk of the shop. He made me up a tub , which I still use, and as I was leaving he couldn't wait to phone his other branches to tell them about me.

By the way masonry piant is very durable and does not shine. I don't know about flocking.

:lol:

Hi Sniper

The paint idea a good one I may give a try. I am trying 2 finishes both using model railway scenery materials and my only hope is that woodies are colour blind.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating though and I shall have to try them out before I decide ya or na.

Col Pol,

No secret mate. I thought we had discussed masonry paint before on the forum.

Just go to one of those paint stores that mix up masonry paint for you. Make sure you don't have to buy umpteen litres of the stuff !. Choose the lighter shade of the pigeon you want ( hence the need for a discreet carrier bag with pigeon in ). By that I mean you will have noticed there are two shades on a pigeon. One darker on the wings and one lighter on the back. Ask for a smaller tub of black so you can make up the darker shade at home. Also ask for a small tub of white to do the neck rings with. I make the rings on mine twice the actual size.

After a few days outing when the decoys collect blood, muck etc etc you can literally scrub them over with a soft handbrush.

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

I sewed strips of old DPM shirt to a sniper veil and tried it out last week and it worked a treat. I have also tried using dark brown cold water clothing dye put on in splashes on a green sniper veil and that also worked perfectly well but it cost £2 and that put a hell of strain on my spending money.

:blink: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: