landrover thefts

hodge911

just a little heads up peeps .........

those lurrvly little scumbags that patrol the streets at silly o clock had a go at nicking my mates landy 90 last night [kev of wayynson gun dogs] thankfully they didnt manage to get it they did push it 50/60yds away from his house but didnt manage to get it away but have made a hash of the dash/wiring .

the police officer that woke him at 4am to tell him also told him there has been a few stolen in the surrounding area [whickham/dunston etc] in the last couple weeks so if your "up north " and have a landy keep an extra keen eye on it :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: .

theft and removal of hands springs to mind ................

Defenders were always very easy to steal. Just read a few pages of any landrover forum. Don't understand why the disco had a far better security system for the same age of vehicle.

Its common joke that a defender can do opened with a spoon (no ihave never tried)

I know a few people who has had their defenders stolen. never a nice thing to happen to anyone.

Edited by neil3728

The bloke who I sold my Disco to got it nicked.

Long story short, I had it chipped and the back boxes removed. Thief took it through an ANPR check at Dartford crossing, it sounded throaty and caught the attention of plod (a land rover fan who checked the plates and worked out the plates were monkey). Stolen car then followed, watched and staked out over 3 weeks and ultimately car ring busted and vehicle recovered and returned. Apparently destined for Africa - local druggys nick them and sell to ring, ring forward to Africa.

The bloke who I sold my Disco to got it nicked.

Long story short, I had it chipped and the back boxes removed. Thief took it through an ANPR check at Dartford crossing, it sounded throaty and caught the attention of plod (a land rover fan who checked the plates and worked out the plates were monkey). Stolen car then followed, watched and staked out over 3 weeks and ultimately car ring busted and vehicle recovered and returned. Apparently destined for Africa - local druggys nick them and sell to ring, ring forward to Africa.

I saw a similar thing on traffic cops they went to Felixstowe port and had intelligence from a previous raid on a scrap yard opened up some containers and Lowe and behold there were cars of all shapes and sizes Ferrari Porsche's Mercs BMW you name it they were there thats where they reckon a majority of these types of vehicles end up also there were containers full of parts also I think they found around £750,000 worth of vehicles......