plucking machine

paul hart

This is gonna cost you Paul, I have only seen them in the Shooting Times and second hand refurbished is gonna set you back around £500.

Cabelas sell different types that fit on the end of a household drill but I guess the faster it goes the farther it chucks the bloody feathers :lol::lol::lol: My mate does geese in his flat but he duck tapes the hoover to the side of the bin ;):D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

Try contacting your local game dealer, and see if you can come to some agreement whereby you use his in return for some favour, monetary or otherwise. Also I've heard of one or two shoots who have purchased a machine, so perhaps in return for a days beating or something you could get to use theirs. Unless you're planning on plucking vast amounts of birds, you seriously have to consider the cost of the thing.

Paul,

You can get them but as col pol said, it will cost you. I would advise you to get the disc type, we tried the rubber finger type a couple of years ago and although it could do pigeons and pheasants it was hopeless on duck and goose. The two plucking services in my area use the disc type and they do the job well, but they are the more expensive of the two.

tiercel

If you do a search in Google for "plucking machine" you'll find alot of different companies supplying them. You can get the general overview of how they work. There basically a row of hard rubber disks that touch against each other at several points on their edges, this catches the feathers and pulls them out.