what should i sell

Archie-fox

Hi guys..

ive got a 17hmr and a 22wmr but thinking of selling one of them..

i have a 223 for all my foxing but have the other 2 for rabbiting and the odd fox if i see one at a close range when rabbiting...

but one needs to go, but which one??

cant decide both are cz452 and are really sweet rifles..

advice needed...

Rich.

17hmr!,i used to have one but .22 is more versatile,quieter,cheaper rounds and ok the 17 can take out bunnies at 150yds or so but does that really matter? ???

:hmm: :hmm: a .17 HMR or a .22 WMR he said!

Ammo costs are very similar, noise is very similar, WMR has more grunt, HMR is faster.

I have BOTH and .22lr and .223 etc etc.

If the OP says one MUST go then it has to be the .22WMR, I've never really seen the .22WMR as a Bunny gun, I consider the HMR a better bunny round and the .22WMR a better fox round, of course both are perfectly capable on bunny and fox in the right situation.

I love the HMR and I love the WMR, but my WMR is a Fox and Canada tool primarily, the HMR is a bunny and fox tool.

I would not want to be without either, and I get a feeling of confidence when I'm carrying the WMR!

Tricky, but from what the OP says the HMR should stay!

17hmr!,i used to have one but .22 is more versatile,quieter,cheaper rounds and ok the 17 can take out bunnies at 150yds or so but does that really matter? ???

The .22 is wmr so i doubt it's much, if any quieter than the .17?

That said, i'd get rid of the .22wmr as the .17 can do anything the wmr can, especially now they come in metal jacketed 20 grain.

Infact i'd get rid of the .22wmr and trade it for the .22lr. With subs and a mod, they are well quiet!!

Just my few pence worth....

Edited by jam1e

:hmm: :hmm: a .17 HMR or a .22 WMR he said!

Ammo costs are very similar, noise is very similar, WMR has more grunt, HMR is faster.

I have BOTH and .22lr and .223 etc etc.

If the OP says one MUST go then it has to be the .22WMR, I've never really seen the .22WMR as a Bunny gun, I consider the HMR a better bunny round and the .22WMR a better fox round, of course both are perfectly capable on bunny and fox in the right situation.

I love the HMR and I love the WMR, but my WMR is a Fox and Canada tool primarily, the HMR is a bunny and fox tool.

I would not want to be without either, and I get a feeling of confidence when I'm carrying the WMR!

Tricky, but from what the OP says the HMR should stay!

Not in cheshire :whistling: Firearms dept won't have it :ermm:

Not in cheshire :whistling: Firearms dept won't have it :ermm:

That is another whole can of worms, the fact that any given Firearms dept have a POLICY, doesn't change the effectiveness of a rifle, perhaps they need to get out more or ask someone with some experience! :good:

The OP suggests he uses the HMR and WMR for fox, and is apparently from Cheshire, perhaps his FAC is not! :hmm: