Waterproofs button on trousers

I was out pheasant shooting today and forgot my waterproofs and a guy gave me a lend of some button round your leg water proofs and attach strap round your belt leavin the crotch area open, I found these very comfy to wear but he didn't know where he got them anybody know the type I mean ? Not the wax ones more like a gore tex material

Mark

They were a legging that wrapped round your leg and you buttoned the side up and put the strap around your belt. Used as an over waterproof trouser

Scats or most country stores do them fairly cheaply or you can go more expensive with Harkila etc.

DaveL

It seems that the name treggings now has a new meaning as a fashion item for women! In our terminology it means trouser legs with backside but no crotch area. They're better than normal leggings as you dont get a damp backside if you sit on anything wet.

these are simply wax leggins, the best thing for beating you can get. Buy relatively cheap ones unless you are the type of beater that finds any excuse to avoid the thick stuff ;)

something like these they usually last me 5 years plus and thats without looking after them as you can't really if you have much in the way of bramble about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STUDDED-WAX-LEGGINGS-CHAPS-SHOOTING-BEATING-WALKING-HUNTING-FISHING-/251153184781?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item3a79e5780d

Don't like wax

But you'll soon discover it's better at keeping you dry, resists brambles and lasts longer than nylon.....

I once has some of those posh Harkila ripstop jobbies, cost a fortune, looked great, halfway through the first beat in kale i was wetter than a wet thing. They were given away pronto.