BING toolbar

steve_b_wales

The BING toolbar has decided to add itself to my PC. Despite me going onto the 'add/remove' setting, and deleting it, as soon as my PC is restarted, it's there again. Whilst it is'nt doing any harm, it's annoying me, as I don't want it there!

Is there any other way I can get rid of this forever?

Steve.

I think if you right-click on the toolbar you will see a drop-down list and you need to untick the Bing option.

I've done this, and it does disable the toolbar. Also, I've just gone onto the add/remove setting, and removed(again) the bing toolbar file. I've just noticed that after I closed/restarted my PC, the bing toolbar has appeared again, despite it 'not being installed' on my PC?

I can't understand how it's doing this.

I think the toolbar probably added itself to your computer when you installed another program? If this is the case, remove Bing AND the offending program, then re-install it but make sure you untick the "add Bing as my toolbar" or whatever it says during installation.

I've tried this a few times mikky, and it does remove it. But when I restart the PC, it's there again. It's only taking up 28gb of my memory space, but I don't want it there.

I'm using Windows Explorer, so I think I'll try a different browser.

I hope you mean 28 meg and not gig of space as that's alot ?

Like others have said it will be associated with another program - I think each time I update Adobe it tries to add Bing or similar.

You have to uncheck a box prior to install which I think is totally wrong - If I want something, then I should choose it, and not the other way round.

You'll sort it.

I hope you mean 28 meg and not gig of space as that's alot ?

Like others have said it will be associated with another program - I think each time I update Adobe it tries to add Bing or similar.

You have to uncheck a box prior to install which I think is totally wrong - If I want something, then I should choose it, and not the other way round.

You'll sort it.

Yes, I meant 28 megabyte. But, as you said, if I want it, I'll ask for it, and not be given something I don't want.

This is very annoying and increasingly common. As has been previously said, when you're offered an update you're often "given" all sorts of unwanted add-ons, some of which are incredibly difficlt to remove as Steve has found out. Steve, have you tried removing the program via Control Panel?

This is very annoying and increasingly common. As has been previously said, when you're offered an update you're often "given" all sorts of unwanted add-ons, some of which are incredibly difficlt to remove as Steve has found out. Steve, have you tried removing the program via Control Panel?

Yes. Using the Control Panel - 'Add/Remove' option is what I have done many times.

Never mind, it will just have to sit there in the background.

Try this

http://www.sevenforu...-toolbar-3.html

And

http://www.troublefixers.com/disable-remove-or-delete-bing-bar-toolbar-in-internet-explorer-firefox/

The trouble is some of the poxy 3rd party add on dont always reside in your program files.

Alan

Edited by Alanl50