preppers

pigeon pete

hi all i watched US preppers a few days ago ,and also found that its getting very big over here on youtube,whats all your thoughts on this ,you dont have to go into the defense side off the matter just the food prepping and water ,i do like the survival side of this as i studded the basics and a few years ago i tough the scouts some basics skills ,i was talking to my wife and i said i have no trouble in getting meat and fish ,mind you she did get a bit upset when i said if food runs out the dogs looks tasty lol

some of em are nuttier than squirrel poop! lol ;)

Easy to say that but whenever country's are hit by some sort of disaster and have no help for a few weeks these are the people who sit back and laugh.

How long after the lorry's stop filling up the shelves on the supermarkets before the panic starts ?

Easy to say that but whenever country's are hit by some sort of disaster and have no help for a few weeks these are the people who sit back and laugh.

How long after the lorry's stop filling up the shelves on the supermarkets before the panic starts ?

very true you only have to see our local asda just before a bank holiday lol ;)

theres nothing wrong with having a bit of extra food in the house or a decent first aid kit but some of em are a bit bonkers the woman who was scared of the flu epidemic was a bit barking making her grand kids where paper suits and face masks :) lets face it i dare to say that most members of the forum would be able to either shoot some thing to eat or catch some fish and a few tins of veg or a well stocked freezer is a staple for most house holds but under ground bunkers with air locks with acetelene burners to "deal" with looters is probably a shade too far ;)

When you consider the scale of the US and the climate certain area's get, I think a certain level of "prepping" is good. For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina

Days/weeks without food/water and looting etc.. It makes a lot more sense than our country size/climate.

I also think it's pathetic we shouldn't talk about the defensive side of things given the nature of our forum.. But that's a different topic I guess.