What do you think ?

Well the time has come to put in a variation for a centre fire. I opted for a 223 for vermin and fox and a 243 for fox and deer. I thought I may as well put in for a 17hmr while I was at it.

When my flo called to arrange a visit, he said I couldn’t have the 243 as I had not done a DC1. I told him to scrub it and not to bother.

He then said. ”You cannot have a 223, as you already have too many .22 rifles”

I pointed out that one is a .22 fac air, two are .22lr’s and one is a .22wmr.

We than had an argument over a 100 acre piece of land that, has not been cleared for anything. He said I should not have been shooting it as it has not been cleared.

I told him that if he looked at my ticket, it’s open!

“That does not matter, it still needs to be cleared” was his reply.

Then he told me I didn’t need a 17hmr as I already had a .22wmr and that is better than the .17!

Anyway, he is coming round this Saturday, for what could be a very interesting discussion.

Any comments or advice on these issues would be appreciated.

ATB

Paul

Well the time has come to put in a variation for a centre fire. I opted for a 223 for vermin and fox and a 243 for fox and deer. I thought I may as well put in for a 17hmr while I was at it.

When my flo called to arrange a visit, he said I couldn’t have the 243 as I had not done a DC1. I told him to scrub it and not to bother.

He then said. ”You cannot have a 223, as you already have too many .22 rifles”

I pointed out that one is a .22 fac air, two are .22lr’s and one is a .22wmr.

We than had an argument over a 100 acre piece of land that, has not been cleared for anything. He said I should not have been shooting it as it has not been cleared.

I told him that if he looked at my ticket, it’s open!

“That does not matter, it still needs to be cleared” was his reply.

Then he told me I didn’t need a 17hmr as I already had a .22wmr and that is better than the .17!

Anyway, he is coming round this Saturday, for what could be a very interesting discussion.

Any comments or advice on these issues would be appreciated.

ATB

Paul

Classic! get your shooting association on the case, i am sure there is more to this story as there usually is but its still weird and slightly amuzing at the same time sort of worying if the FEO's reported comments are correct. i should just get the FEO to list those remarks in writing then make a formal complaint send a copy to BASC or whoever you are associated to and go to court. I 100% garantee the cops solicitor / advisor wont let it go up the steps

Thanks guys,

Kent,

There realy is nothing else to the story, its just as I said.

Those who know my FEO will know what he is like and how he works. I'm sure he was just trying to wind me up and everything will be ok. He has always given me everything else i'v ask for.

One thing is for sure! I will find out on Saturday.

Taxidriver,

I don't realy want to name him in person, on an open forum, but if you know him, my post will give you a clue!

Should I still push for the .243 or leave it untill I have done the DS1?

Push for the .223, the .17hmr and the .243, Why? tell him the .223 has different application to your other .22 rifles such as longer range fox controll, tell him a friend has fox problems with land cleared.. ect. .243 because you are interested in deer stalking, tell him that its not a legal req to have done DSC1 and that you have obtained knowledge of deerstalking through outings with friends and your own research, DSC is simply a waste of time and money for you. .17HMR because you want it for longer range rabbit controll than your .22's due to flatter trajectory, but the benefit of not all your meat being destroyed by .223 or bigger, Noise issue, and the reduced risk of using a RF over CF. Honestly would definately push for your .223 and .243, to be honest though i would scrap the .22wmr or .22lr for the HMR as you kinda have all options covered with two rimfire calibers and FAC air?

Thanks guys,

Kent,

There realy is nothing else to the story, its just as I said.

Those who know my FEO will know what he is like and how he works. I'm sure he was just trying to wind me up and everything will be ok. He has always given me everything else i'v ask for.

One thing is for sure! I will find out on Saturday.

Taxidriver,

I don't realy want to name him in person, on an open forum, but if you know him, my post will give you a clue!

Should I still push for the .243 or leave it untill I have done the DS1?

there is some backing in the Home office guidence to police via mention of training or other experiance etc to be considered for the grant of deer calibre rifles. DSC 1 is not a waste of time if its booked with instructors who instruct on the subject rather than train for passes, its not hard to pass anyway so get your moneys worth