Ugartechea

beatingisbest

My very first shotgun was a ugartechea, 12bore side by side, its a spanish gun, all i remember that it had alot of kick, non ejector, nice enuff gun seeing as it was free..The reason it was free was because it was cheap, and my dads mate was getting rid of it.

Dont know what they people think of them

I pronounced it

U-GAR-TECH-A

:yes:

dunno if thats right

Dunno if this is any help but

http://www.ugartechea.com/

Hi BiB

I keep an Ugartechea 12b SxS for when I go game shooting and I know my S/A wont be welcome. Mine is a non ej, and is therefore at the cheaper end of the range. It is a good, solid gun, and doesnt look too bad. One thing to check is the chokes... mine is 3/4 3/4, great for high driven pheasants, but a bit of a mangler for closer range stuff. I try to compensate by using lighter loads if I know that the shooting will be close in (a shooting friend of mine says he always knows if he has eaten one of my birds by the amount of shot lurking at the bottom of the bowl the next day.... :yes: ).

All in all, a pretty robust little gun. Mine has never let me down, and I dont intend to change it until Mrs Brannigan gives me the nod t trade my other guns (except the .410) for a nice 686 or 687....

I pronounce it "oo-gar-te-chee-yah" by the way.

ZB

thanks a lot guys for the advice, i really liked the gun in the shop but wanted to ask you lot first, it will be my first gun

How much are they asking for it?? £££

Bit more technical info now, right it is perfect condition, automatic safety, walnut stock, never been tampered with, hardly used, ejector etc and he is asking £200 oooh and it fits me like a glove

thanks a lot guys for the advice, i really liked the gun in the shop but wanted to ask you lot first, it will be my first gun

Bit more technical info now, right it is perfect condition, automatic safety, walnut stock, never been tampered with, hardly used, ejector etc and he is asking £200 oooh and it fits me like a glove

Well that seems like a good price :blush: especially if its in good nik. For your first shotgun though i would have gone for an over/under personally, but saying that my first shotgun was a 12bore side-by-side ugartechea :good:

Well that seems like a good price :blush: especially if its in good nik. For your first shotgun though i would have gone for an over/under personally, but saying that my first shotgun was a 12bore side-by-side ugartechea :good:

I really dont like o/u i much prefer to use s/s, i was taught to shoot with a s/s

I've got one in my cabinet. They are made in the Eibar district and most are massed produced (they do make some bespoke guns) but still well made. Wood wise you basically get what you pay for but they do seem to have very good wood on the ejector models. Light loads are to be advised as the guns are light and heavy loads kick like mules and, as ZB said, they tend to be choked quite tight (mines 3/4 & full) and obliterate anything under 20 yds. The best thing is....they are lovely to carry you almost forget you've got it tucked under your arm.