cellotex on a flat roof

Paddy Galore!

I used to be a roofer and used both Kingspan and Celotex.

Fixing the insulation can be done 2 ways-mechanically with screws and plastic washers or bond them down with either hot bitumen or expanding foam. Bitumen was always our prefered method as its quick and cheap,but flip side is its very dangerous to use. The heat as to be just right.Too cold and it wont pour and too hot and the pot will burst in to flames when oxygen pours in when the lid is removed. There is also the risk of slipping over when bedding the insulation down with your feet (you have to do it)-the board slips forward and you fall backwards into hot molten bitumen...seen this done which resulted in skin grafts.

Expanding foam is ok provided it isnt windy as the lumps of foam get blown off the roof before you get a chance to squidge a board down on it.

Unless the roof is going to get foot traffic it dont need over lining with ply. Cover all the gaps inbetween the insulation boards with self adhesive silver foil tape then apply whatever roofing material you choose.I used to be a single ply installer which is 200x better than felt.

Thermal bridging through helifix is minimal and no damage to the celotex.

Use the celotex fixing details as they have the warranty,have a look on 'robust details' for more info,but i would think your building control has it wrong as celotex would have spent thousands on research.