Car Park Crash, 5 cars, one driver. 15.11.12

butchdickason

Went to garage yesterday, filled up my RAV4 (£60) put it through the car wash and it looked great. Went to Waitrose to pick up the Mrs, parked the car face in in parking bay and went to find her.

Returned 10 mins later to find my car smashed to hell, an old chap in a Merc estate had reversed out of the opposite row of cars, foot slipped off break to accelerator and he floored it, result

glanced of the back bumper of a Suzuki saloon, caught the back of my car nearside ,which pushed my car into a VW Golf which then got pushed into a BMW, it was fortunate that all the cars except the Merc were unoccupied. From the damage to my car reckon it is a write off, GUTTED.

Butch.

I had a car written off by an old lady in an automatic Merc once. She was parked behind me, back to back with about a car space between us. She saw a gap in the traffic so floored it, but instead of it being in drive, it was in reverse! I don't think it would have been so bad if I didn't have my bike-rack and £1k mountain bike on the back!!!!!

Plus, I was in the car at the time eating a KFC, my fanta went everywhere and I dropped my chicken (after the shock, it was way past the 3 second rule).

To top it off, the old guy in the passenger seat got out, looked at the damage - jumped back in the car and told the old woman to drive off. I followed them for about 5 miles (calling the police on the way). When they finally stopped, they said I was chasing and threatening them and that they didn't smash into my car. An almost believable story until I pointed out the fork of my bike rack was sticking out of their rear quarter panel!

I had a car written off by an old lady in an automatic Merc once. She was parked behind me, back to back with about a car space between us. She saw a gap in the traffic so floored it, but instead of it being in drive, it was in reverse! I don't think it would have been so bad if I didn't have my bike-rack and £1k mountain bike on the back!!!!!

Plus, I was in the car at the time eating a KFC, my fanta went everywhere and I dropped my chicken (after the shock, it was way past the 3 second rule).

To top it off, the old guy in the passenger seat got out, looked at the damage - jumped back in the car and told the old woman to drive off. I followed them for about 5 miles (calling the police on the way). When they finally stopped, they said I was chasing and threatening them and that they didn't smash into my car. An almost believable story until I pointed out the fork of my bike rack was sticking out of their rear quarter panel!

Can't believe you didn't eat the chicken because of a stupid rule!!

I was waiting to pull out onto a main road when some tart ran into the back of me-there was a policeman standing 30 yards away and saw it happen.I was in no way whatsoever to blame but when I rang my insurer to let them know (as per terms of the policy) they loaded me £20!!-there was no damage to my car (Shogun) and no claims were made.Insurers excuse?-If you have one accident you are more likely to have another!! :angry:

I do know they do this, but I think/hope/pray that what they have told me is correct, difference between you shunt and mine is that you were in the car, the only occupied car in the 5 was the Merc that did the damage.

Went and bought a replacement RAV4 yesterday, one owner, 70K and full Toyota History, managed to beat them down to £3500.

Butch