Ginger Action

Birdboy

Went out a few nights ago with a friend lamping. Didnt expect too much as we met early at 7pm, on a 400 acre farm in Devon. Both on foot with one rifle - my Tikka Hunter .243, and rifle mounted lightoforce 170. Within minutes of walking, picked up a pair of eyes in the distance but too close to a neighbouring farm hedge we dont have permission on, so kept walking. Walked into a large open stubble field and immediatley picked up another pair of eyes at approx 90 yds. Lay down to settle into a shot and he started walking slowly away from us over the brow of the hill. We quickly walked to the brow of the hill and could see the fox weaving in and out of the hedgerow. Annoyingly as well was the stubble in the field, as when i again laid down to settle into the shot, i either had lots of stubble just in front of the scope or i was laying too low to see the fox. Getting frustrated i again shuffled along the mud to find a clearer spot - which i did. Settled again in the shot and then my lightforce lamp decided to play up !! As i desperately tugged at all the wires it came back on - then off - then on !! Luckily the fox seemed to like my mobile disco and stayed put. Light came back on and click. He went down. One big dog fox.

Lightforce now fixed. There are 2 poor soldered joints from the twin lead coming out of the lamp approx 5 inches down in a sleeve. One of the solderes had seperated. So put 2 new joints on these and its good to go tonight.

All the best.

BB

Attached picture below !

Edited by Birdboy

well done on the fox. i have had plenty of issues with my 170 its now fully re-wired from bulb to batt and works better

Thanks.camokid. Mine is rewired now. Its been a work in progress for the last 2 years but thankfully ive got a patient electrician mate ! Also cut out the inline fuses which have been melting. Went out last night and its now spot on.

BB