Stuck at work :(

Amazed

Just out of interest,what do you night-shifters do for a living?I worked in the Dairy Industry about 14 years ago(Irish firm bought the factory purely for the milk;shut it down and made everyone redundant)on 4 on 4 off,which meant we got about 6 weekends off in a row,but worked the next 6.Didn't mind nights in Summer,but hated them in Winter as it was often dark within a couple of hours of getting out of bed.But the 4 days off were brilliant.

4on 4 off was way better than previous pattern which consisted of 8 hour days(6'til 2),2 'til 10's,8 hour nights(10 'til 6) and then at weekends(Sat,Sun,Mon)12 hour days or nights.These were **** as we got quick change-overs; for example,finish at 6am and back in at 2pm to get onto back-shift,or finish at 10pm and back in at 6am.The job itself was a doddle(most of the time)but the shifts were naff.

Edited by Scully

Hi pal, I work as a combi lift driver in an extrusion department making plastic pipe from overflow right up to 12 inch 6 mt underground.

It's a **** job really. The shifts are 12 hour 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off,days and nights which means I only work 14 shifts a month but god are they long shifts.

All the best Karl.