Tatoo

wildfowler.250

I have two - one at the top of each arm. I got them when I was 39 and 40. I was aware that it was probably a middle age thing but went ahead anyway. They're my own designs and have very little artistic merit - but they have meaning for me. I'd rather have them than something beautiful but non-unique. Obviously, beautiful AND unique would be best!

Was that the same week you looked at Harley's, VW campers, surf boards, Les Paul guitars and decided to take up rock climbing? It's a terrible thing middle age!

A guy a my work went to a £30 tattooist none of the lines are same thickness and its a **** design. I know london prices are over £100 one in chelmsford is £110 but he has 2year waiting list.

Ooh!

When you decide on what you want. Get a picture of it and pin it up on your mirror so that you are looking at it every single day.

If after a month or so, you still like it, then get it inked.

I have several but thankfully resisted having a fashionable design and went for something that I really liked, regardless of what was popular at that time.

When you decide on what you want. Get a picture of it and pin it up on your mirror so that you are looking at it every single day.

If after a month or so, you still like it, then get it inked.

I have several but thankfully resisted having a fashionable design and went for something that I really liked, regardless of what was popular at that time.

So did the mirror trick work then? Or are you just using a metaphor?

I say live like yer hairs on fire and go for it. In my view tats are cool. I have my own, all with their own memory and I don't regret any one of them.

I do have one word of advice though, no names unless it's next of kin. Your undying love for Tracy on your arm will just not look good if you marry Sandra.

Thought about getting this but not sure https://sites.google.com/site/brettdrummond2/drummondcolourcrest2.jpg

Certainly different :lol:

Meant to say I like the idea of getting a picture and putting it on the wall or something. You can't get a temp one made up whilst you made up your mind? Like a transfer you used to get as a kid? Think I already know the answer is no

Good advice is don't worry about cost or waiting lists.

If you go for the cheap option that you can get done straight away, you'll most likely end up having to pay more and wait to have a decent artist put it right.

Go to the best artist in your area, or out of your area.

If its a 6 month wait then wait, it's gonna be there a long time so get it done right first time.

I waited 2 years to get a booking with the right person. It was well worth the wait. English Partridge, very detailed. Very painstaking work.

I will get more but only with the same artist.

If it's cheap it will be cheap for a reason. There is some dire work out there.

Remember it is going to be there for life so take time planning it, thinking about it and make sure you and the artist agree on how it is going to look. See their portfolio, speak to happy customers (good tattooists have nothing to hide) and be absolutely sure you have chosen well.